• 1 month later...

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some great pics on here , never seem to get that close to them around here , there very flighty , normally just see the arses as they disappear into the distance , do some of you lads use telephoto lenses on dslr's or bridge cameras ? 

Ive tried bridge cameras but the pic quality just wasnt there ? 

Just a couple from my phone taken while out stalking ..F41C5B99-2E1D-4B44-AD60-863083E98AC2.jpeg.400e6eb7a9b148664fadc5d6e9e334e1.jpeg

F5CEAF69-AA63-4FC2-98D6-9CC73610194B.jpeg.21a4ff73aa2f8bb0f406cdab74b6fd8a.jpeg

The white one I would have shot but the owners wife took a liking to it , the other one I sat and watched for five or six minutes , from no more than thirty yds while I was  sitting on a quad bike with the engine running ..this was his first year as one of the master bucks on the estate , and this was his rutting stand ..the following year he was the number one buck on the estate a position he held the year after as well ..

I ended up shooting the white buck four years later on a different farm after it was involved in a rta and sustained a broken leg .It always had a poor head fishtailed head and should have been culled years earlier ...

2426363F-AE86-481F-9366-133B722476F3.jpeg

• Like 6
On 15/12/2020 at 10:18, steve66 said:

Some great pics on here , never seem to get that close to them around here , there very flighty , normally just see the arses as they disappear into the distance , do some of you lads use telephoto lenses on dslr's or bridge cameras ? 

Ive tried bridge cameras but the pic quality just wasnt there ? 

i started off with lumix 12x then a nikon D3300 with a70-300mm lens 

now i have a nikon D7200 with a 18-400mm and a 150-600mm lens 

and then i edit them on the laptop 

• Like 2

Mates been using a nikon p900 with good results , im looking at getting a new camera after christmas probably end up with a dslr 

Have toyed with the idea of putting a telephoto lense on my olymus  omd but it would throw it out of balance ( if that make sense )

or maybe going down the digi scope route