Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
timmytree

Gamo Phox

Recommended Posts

I know zilch about these rifles but I've been offered one at a silly price, comes with pump, silencer, bag etc. screw on silencer so I think its the newer version. Still under warranty anyway.

From what I've read they're not regulated but I've done a shot string with the 1/2 tin of pellets that came with it and was really surprised.

10.5 grn pellets, from 232 bar I got over 100 shots between 658fps and 673 fps, about 10.4 ftlbs.

AA Fields @ 8.4grn were lower power but just as consistent.

Does anyone know how to bring the power up on these rifles? I would prefer to have the power around 11 ftlbs if possible. As it is it would be fine for my youngest to learn on but I wouldn't mind trying it on the rabbits.

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, timmytree said:

I know zilch about these rifles but I've been offered one at a silly price, comes with pump, silencer, bag etc. screw on silencer so I think its the newer version. Still under warranty anyway.

From what I've read they're not regulated but I've done a shot string with the 1/2 tin of pellets that came with it and was really surprised.

10.5 grn pellets, from 232 bar I got over 100 shots between 658fps and 673 fps, about 10.4 ftlbs.

AA Fields @ 8.4grn were lower power but just as consistent.

Does anyone know how to bring the power up on these rifles? I would prefer to have the power around 11 ftlbs if possible. As it is it would be fine for my youngest to learn on but I wouldn't mind trying it on the rabbits.

Timmmmehhhhh tree... master pro sport man asking how to lift the power of a pcp... :) 

I do not. I doubt many will come forward on a public forum and answer too... some may do the pm route mind :D being a gamo, perhaps the same way one would do a beeeza. 

Hope your well man x

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Rez said:

Timmmmehhhhh tree... master pro sport man asking how to lift the power of a pcp... :) 

I do not. I doubt many will come forward on a public forum and answer too... some may do the pm route mind :D being a gamo, perhaps the same way one would do a beeeza. 

Hope your well man x

Fine thanks Rez. Poof guns are an alien thing to me. If it ain't easy then the little black beasty will go back to be adjusted by someone who can. Prosport I can do blindfold but this little thing is beyond me without help. Still an intrigueing little rifle though, supposed to be for the boy but I can see it making a cracking little walkabout rifle with a far better shotcount than the S200 I had.

You can't beat a boing!

 

Share this post


Link to post

pm CHARLIE CALLER TIMMY

IF ANY ONE CAN HE CAN

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, bigmac 97kt said:

pm CHARLIE CALLER TIMMY

IF ANY ONE CAN HE CAN

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I will mate, it will be next week now though, I'm off to the AAOC meet in the morning. A weekend of bbqs, beer and rifles.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, timmytree said:

I will mate, it will be next week now though, I'm off to the AAOC meet in the morning. A weekend of bbqs, beer and rifles.

Enjoy it Tim

dont get to drunk lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, bigmac 97kt said:

Enjoy it Tim

dont get to drunk lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Never. I'm teetotal when I'm asleep. 😁

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Im thinking of an early morning shoot in a few hours with the hw77

not been out in the morning for ages

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, bigmac 97kt said:

Im thinking of an early morning shoot in a few hours with the hw77

not been out in the morning for ages

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I'd rather surprise the Mrs with a breakfast sausage. She's been in the US with her daughter so I haven't seen her for 2 weeks. Gets back sunday afternoon. I won't be around til late on monday. 😍

Share this post


Link to post

enjoy mate

Share this post


Link to post

if its really silly money you cant go wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, The one said:

if its really silly money you cant go wrong 

Got to be better than a kral Tim :D

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

From what I can see its basically an ultra, so after removing the anti tamper plug, adjusting the power to a safe but usable legal level is not difficult, pm me when you get back I will talk you through it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, charlie caller said:

From what I can see its basically an ultra, so after removing the anti tamper plug, adjusting the power to a safe but usable legal level is not difficult, pm me when you get back I will talk you through it.

Thanks Charlie C, I'm going to be out most of the day and early evening but I'll PM later. Thanks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I was late last night but a really good barrel clean with white spirit saw the power come up to 10.7-10.9 so I'm going to leave it there for now and see if it settles with a few more pellets through it though.

Still amazed at the consistency from an unregulated rifle.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×