Sign in to follow this  
timmytree

Gamo Phox

I know zilch about these rifles but I've been offered one at a silly price, comes with pump, silencer, bag etc. screw on silencer so I think its the newer version. Still under warranty anyway.

From what I've read they're not regulated but I've done a shot string with the 1/2 tin of pellets that came with it and was really surprised.

10.5 grn pellets, from 232 bar I got over 100 shots between 658fps and 673 fps, about 10.4 ftlbs.

AA Fields @ 8.4grn were lower power but just as consistent.

Does anyone know how to bring the power up on these rifles? I would prefer to have the power around 11 ftlbs if possible. As it is it would be fine for my youngest to learn on but I wouldn't mind trying it on the rabbits.

2 hours ago, timmytree said:

I know zilch about these rifles but I've been offered one at a silly price, comes with pump, silencer, bag etc. screw on silencer so I think its the newer version. Still under warranty anyway.

From what I've read they're not regulated but I've done a shot string with the 1/2 tin of pellets that came with it and was really surprised.

10.5 grn pellets, from 232 bar I got over 100 shots between 658fps and 673 fps, about 10.4 ftlbs.

AA Fields @ 8.4grn were lower power but just as consistent.

Does anyone know how to bring the power up on these rifles? I would prefer to have the power around 11 ftlbs if possible. As it is it would be fine for my youngest to learn on but I wouldn't mind trying it on the rabbits.

Timmmmehhhhh tree... master pro sport man asking how to lift the power of a pcp... :) 

I do not. I doubt many will come forward on a public forum and answer too... some may do the pm route mind :D being a gamo, perhaps the same way one would do a beeeza. 

Hope your well man x

Just now, Rez said:

Timmmmehhhhh tree... master pro sport man asking how to lift the power of a pcp... :) 

I do not. I doubt many will come forward on a public forum and answer too... some may do the pm route mind :D being a gamo, perhaps the same way one would do a beeeza. 

Hope your well man x

Fine thanks Rez. Poof guns are an alien thing to me. If it ain't easy then the little black beasty will go back to be adjusted by someone who can. Prosport I can do blindfold but this little thing is beyond me without help. Still an intrigueing little rifle though, supposed to be for the boy but I can see it making a cracking little walkabout rifle with a far better shotcount than the S200 I had.

You can't beat a boing!

pm CHARLIE CALLER TIMMY

IF ANY ONE CAN HE CAN

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Just now, bigmac 97kt said:

pm CHARLIE CALLER TIMMY

IF ANY ONE CAN HE CAN

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I will mate, it will be next week now though, I'm off to the AAOC meet in the morning. A weekend of bbqs, beer and rifles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, timmytree said:

I will mate, it will be next week now though, I'm off to the AAOC meet in the morning. A weekend of bbqs, beer and rifles.

Enjoy it Tim

dont get to drunk lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Enjoy it Tim

dont get to drunk lol

Never. I'm teetotal when I'm asleep. 😁

• Haha 1

Im thinking of an early morning shoot in a few hours with the hw77

not been out in the morning for ages

Im thinking of an early morning shoot in a few hours with the hw77

not been out in the morning for ages

I'd rather surprise the Mrs with a breakfast sausage. She's been in the US with her daughter so I haven't seen her for 2 weeks. Gets back sunday afternoon. I won't be around til late on monday. 😍

enjoy mate

if its really silly money you cant go wrong 

1 hour ago, The one said:

if its really silly money you cant go wrong 

Got to be better than a kral Tim :D

• Like 1

From what I can see its basically an ultra, so after removing the anti tamper plug, adjusting the power to a safe but usable legal level is not difficult, pm me when you get back I will talk you through it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, charlie caller said:

From what I can see its basically an ultra, so after removing the anti tamper plug, adjusting the power to a safe but usable legal level is not difficult, pm me when you get back I will talk you through it.

Thanks Charlie C, I'm going to be out most of the day and early evening but I'll PM later. Thanks.

• Like 2

I was late last night but a really good barrel clean with white spirit saw the power come up to 10.7-10.9 so I'm going to leave it there for now and see if it settles with a few more pellets through it though.

Still amazed at the consistency from an unregulated rifle.