Hi lads

My wallet is burning and I have an addiction to feed. So I need to buy an other rifle.

It will be used open sights only. (Already have a few scoped weihrauchs)

Ive narrowed down my choise betwee a 77 and a 80.

My gut wants to buy a hw80 in .22. 

But my mind says the piston is too heavy and the spring too powerfull. So maybe a 77 is the better choise.

Ive had a few 80s in the past, but never a 77.

The rifle will be used for informal targetshooting in the standing and kneeling positions.

Will not use it for hunting/benchrest.... Thats were the 97s come to play.

So what would you guys do? I know Pianoman has "some" experience with both, so I hope he'll give his opinion too.

All rifles mentioned are supremely accurate Jozef, far more accurate than we all are.

Whichever fits you best - and then,-

Whoever`s finger is on that trigger determinates the rest.

atb Mark.

I've never tried an HW80 Jo but, I've read a lot of good things about them - Maybe one day :yes:

I have tried a 77 though and, it was very easy to get accuracy from - between the 2, that would be my choice.

However, if you want an opinion for a good springer, I don't think the TX200hc can be beat :good:

• Haha 2
19 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I've never tried an HW80 Jo but, I've read a lot of good things about them - Maybe one day :yes:

I have tried a 77 though and, it was very easy to get accuracy from - between the 2, that would be my choice.

However, if you want an opinion for a good springer, I don't think the TX200hc can be beat :good:

you'll be getting Jimmys spoon soon jon?

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, dutchjozef said:

Hi lads

My wallet is burning and I have an addiction to feed. So I need to buy an other rifle.

It will be used open sights only. (Already have a few scoped weihrauchs)

Ive narrowed down my choise betwee a 77 and a 80.

My gut wants to buy a hw80 in .22. 

But my mind says the piston is too heavy and the spring too powerfull. So maybe a 77 is the better choise.

Ive had a few 80s in the past, but never a 77.

The rifle will be used for informal targetshooting in the standing and kneeling positions.

Will not use it for hunting/benchrest.... Thats were the 97s come to play.

So what would you guys do? I know Pianoman has "some" experience with both, so I hope he'll give his opinion too.

After thinking about it - have a look at the HW30 in .177 :yes:

10 hours ago, Jonjon79 said:

After thinking about it - have a look at the HW30 in .177 :yes:

Problem is..... Already got one of em.

Its my designated matchstick Shooter.

Its the one on the pictures in this reply.

Stock and internals have been heavily worked by myself

IMG_20180607_162959_3.jpg

IMG_20180607_163322_6.jpg

• Like 2

Well, you asked and, I have both and, both have given me priceless shooting memories and experiences. But which one would I choose if only one could be had?

Based on what I know, from sheer use over many years now.. God this is a tough one for me but, I would go for the HW77.

The accuracy, balance and general feel of the 77 is something to behold! You will not be finding anything lacking in one of these.

But that's also true of the HW80. 

If there was one more rifle I would buy now, it would be an HW80K in. 22 and on my FAC. The compact feel, practical length and at higher power, the hunting performance and handling of this rifle makes this version of the HW80 one of the finest, most practical, hunting break-barrel air rifles there has ever been in my estimation.

But at sub-12 ft lbs hunting and target shooting, it's got to be the '77.

Both of them are plain-looking, simple-to-look-at-and-shoot rifles. But they are legends for all the right reasons. And I bloody love em both in equal measure.

You don't have to have just one. So buy both and you'll not regret your decision.

Regards.

Simon/Pianoman

• Like 2