Premier league winter break approved

14 hours ago, lanesra said:

They'll use it too fly off to China , America ect to make even more money . . So the rest period won't happen just more £££££££ !! 

Guatabtrrdan utd etc will shoot off to Dubai etc for warm weather training and a quick game 

What they should do is cancel the pointless international friendlies they have.  

• Like 1

It might help England in the world cup years if they are not going in suffering from fatigue. I don't think it will matter to the Irish as much as they won't have a strong enough squad to win anyway.  Plenty of heart but not enough talent. England had enough talent the last few decades to win more than 1 World Cup in 52 years. 

10 minutes ago, John d said:

Love threads/topics like this lol top flight footballers have to be amazingly fit to succeed nowadays, the demands of the premier league and a couple of cup runs takes it toll so they are entitled to the break imo.

Fair one, mate but it's a tough sell. I can just imagine how the lads serving in the Gulf are getting ready to collectively bargain for their winter break too! :laugh:

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, John d said:

Yeah I know what your saying mate! But footballers cant help what they get paid and they certainly ain't going to turn it down lol 

What makes me laugh over here is when fat, overweight smokers sit drinking bitter in pubs and moan about a footballer being a fanny over a tackle that was a potential leg breaker when they are out of breath walking to go stand outside for a fag lol 

I cant remember were I read it but its thought nearly 88% of the whole world's population has kicked a football at some point......cant be that boring on them figure's :D

Absolutely and it's funny as f*ck! :laugh:

Personally, I say good on them. If you've found a way to make a decent coin and you're able to increase that whilst simultaneously decreasing your workload, even better. Just don't expect me to give any more of a sh*t than it takes to type it out! :laugh:

The one that really makes me laugh is the NFL. Black players kneeling during the national anthem. They're taking a stand against inequality whilst making millions in an industry that makes them more unequal than most athletes on the planet. :rolleyes:

Earn your money and crack on but I give as much of a sh*t as they do about me walking around in 116º heat wearing 25lbs of body armour and driving around in a truck where the A/C packed in at the beginning of the shift and if I wring my underpants out every 15 minutes I can fill my colleagues water bottle and he'll be too f*ck*ng exhausted to notice!  :laugh:

• Like 1