Football !!

Well, England are about to go to another cup competition with a string of victories behind them but we have seen this all before many times. yeah we won Tonight's match but the second goal was a bit rubbish.  I remember one year being out in Turkey and walking along the prom and all you could hear were football commentators blairing out from the pub/cafes reporting of how the German attack was going through our defence like men against boys.  Should we not be crushing these lowlyvillage like teams into the dirt with scores of four nill or more. When we get up against better opposition are we likely to fall by the wayside like all the times before? What excuses are going to be trotted out. The squad are young and inexperienced  or is it they've  had a long hard season and they're a bit tired or will it be dancing in the street's.  Still I don't suppose it matters much which ever way it goes the sun will still come up tomorrow morning.

There were times England actually looked like they knew what they were doing yesterday, and they were even quite good at times.  

The big but is they were playing Costa Rica, take nothing away from them, but they are not Germany or Brazil etc!

30 minutes ago, Deker said:

There were times England actually looked like they knew what they were doing yesterday, and they were even quite good at times.  

The big but is they were playing Costa Rica, take nothing away from them, but they are not Germany or Brazil etc!

spot on  mate, i think there is a  deff different  improvement  in the squad , lot of fit young keen lads , trying to play at there best. But you are right , from watching last night and the game before, they just carnt break down the other teams to make enough movement  to score goals . The manger  doing well what available  to him , he carnt do no more simple as that. we be home early once we come up against  a good quality  team like Germany , Spain , etc  these teams hold there back 4 well , but can run forward   make goals  . Hope we can get out of our group , but if not it wont be because  not trying  we just not good enough  at this level , and thats it . !!

I know that possession football is the current thought but I have seen this nonsense for several campaigns.  Yeah you might have the ball for a lot of the match but no goals. Keep tip tapping the ball sideways and all the way back to the goal keeper don't score goals. It's aĺmost as if the ball is burning the players and they can't wait to get rid of it, anywhere. They should be li ed up and told there's the opposition goal. go and put the ball in the back of the net. Keep The ball in there half and don't keep going sideways and baclkwards.

13 hours ago, Meece said:

Well, England are about to go to another cup competition with a string of victories behind them but we have seen this all before many times. yeah we won Tonight's match but the second goal was a bit rubbish.  I remember one year being out in Turkey and walking along the prom and all you could hear were football commentators blairing out from the pub/cafes reporting of how the German attack was going through our defence like men against boys.  Should we not be crushing these lowlyvillage like teams into the dirt with scores of four nill or more. When we get up against better opposition are we likely to fall by the wayside like all the times before? What excuses are going to be trotted out. The squad are young and inexperienced  or is it they've  had a long hard season and they're a bit tired or will it be dancing in the street's.  Still I don't suppose it matters much which ever way it goes the sun will still come up tomorrow morning.

Although this is probably the lowest key build up to an England team entering a world cup, I see that arrogance and delusion are still alive and well in at least some of the support ?

”Lowly village team”..., like Costa Rica..., a small country maybe, but that are ranked by Fifa 23rd in the world to England’s 12th. And aren’t they the same lowly village team that England couldn’t beat in 2014..., who finished top of the group England finished bottom in???

Anyway, good luck to England..., I’ve a feeling they’re going to need it.

It’s a week before the cup, what the hell are any players going to be doing a week before the cup?

What can you tell from a kick about?

Without checking I think we will finish second in group behind Belgium , where we will probably get either senegal or Columbia then Germany in the quarters , 

think that’s right , the way it’s scheduled baring any shocks and we should get out of that group !! 

Well beat Tunisia and panama , if we don’t we might as well not bother at all next time .

England are 20-1 to win the world cup and Harry Kane is 17-1 to get golden boot. This means if you put just £10 on England winning and Harry Kane getting golden boot.....

you could lose £10.