2 hours ago, John d said:

House dwellers had running dogs, owned caravans, weighed in scrap etc etc way before the gypsys......they adapt to their surroundings and claim it to be their "way of life" when it's not at all

??

• Like 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Count yourself lucky max  most of the kids round here think there fecking Jamaican and theses could do with a big buckle for there pants 

Driven passed Appleby this morning, now on a ferry going to west coast island. 

Couldn't have said it better myself ???

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Maybe its just me but...

It's just about the ONLY yearly event i've never wanted to go to.

Seeing horses gripped by fear is not my idea of a day out....

Maybe its all propoganda BUT watching horses half drowning, petrified with fear, whilst being 'washed' (half drowned) in a f***ing river, is not really my bag. Nor some shirtless, crowing traveller youth kicking f**k out of a cob to show his prowess in riding bareback down the streets....

Can't wait to read the cruelty cases on here, because they always follow...

Ain't my bag...

Yep, i'm a hunter and i've killed just about every critter thats walked or ran over this fair land but its all had the best chance it can get, before it meets its demise, as humainly as possible for the greater good imo and i've never showcased it to anyone...

But i've never 'pretended' in what i do either.

So you can f**k right off with your cock crowing gypsy boys at Appleby.... It's all a big fat dick measuring contest to the detriment to the horses they are supposed to 'love'....

Nah... It's not for me....!

I await the aftermath....

Bosun ,,,,,,I will put you down as an "undecided" then lol ,,,,, Spot on though!!

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, CushtyJook said:

Why act Irish tho like I've said Irish make up a tiny % 0f travellers 

plus all above names traveller surnames also 

All those names are Irish 

fletcher is English 

traveller names my arse , if I buy a caravan does that make my mxme a traveller name ?? 

Nonsense 

1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

All those names are Irish 

fletcher is English 

traveller names my arse , if I buy a caravan does that make my mxme a traveller name ?? 

Nonsense 

Smith is the most common surname travellers and settled folk lots of surnames are both traveller and settled and no you can't become a traveller unless it's in your blood plus don't know why your going on about Irish who ain't even gypsy Romany 

Got to agree with max,loads of plastic traveller types in the north east,never used to be when I was a kid but theres dordi dordi chavo types tethering their horses on bulldozed council estate land around sunderland who have no traveller blood in their veins whatsoever unless a week in Benidorm once a year counts as travelling,i know a guy who is half Pakistani or arab (his mum doesn't know who his dad is except he was a student at sunderland uni) he has grown a mullet,got a couple of horses and I think might be in Appleby as we speak?I know another guy went to Appleby with his horse,i know for a fact he has no traveller blood as I went to school with his mam and she works in asda.For some odd reason movies like snatch glamourised the lifestyle or appealed to some types,cant fathom it out,loads of real travellers where I now live,brazils and loveridges etc

15 minutes ago, John d said:

Well there's no decent football team to watch and they have do something 

I think you will find nufc the biggest team in that area with true loyal support and being the onlyl prem team are worth watching the others are what you class as lower league with falling attendances nothing really to shout home about 

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

That wernt a bite

that was just educating Rita I mean PeeWee ?

Max when the toon  have to look down 2 divisions just see you what do you think everyone will think what we all know there's only one team that represents the North East in terms of football you just have to join beefs side and admit it 

Guest Navek
21 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Lurcher man I'm going off folk around here who def have no traveller - gypsy - Romany blood in them what so ever ' their dads ' grand dads Great grandads were 95% Durham Pitmen and they speaking with Irish traveller twang lol

like I say nothing wrong with being into Cobs ' lurchers whatever

Nothing wrong with going to Appleby but don't pretend to be a traveller when you not ?

Why would anyone want to lol .. every time me and my missus go out for something eat we get mistaken for travlers .. even been refused drinks in pubs and some pubs wouldn’t let us get to the bar ..

Guest Navek
11 hours ago, John d said:

Jokes aside, theres a certain romantic nostalgia to the old raggle taggle gypsy life of living a peaceful life and travelling from county to county, finding work on farms in the day and poaching the same land at night with a bred down grew but leaving no signs of ever being there. That kind of gypsy is a milion miles away to the irish traveller imo, you cant compare the two and the settled gypsies round here hate it when travelling ones come into town as if they do anything while here the settled ones get brought into it when it was nothing to do with them! 

Some old school gypsys were good men, go round uttoxeter and find a man with a bad word to say about Bartley Gorman and I'll pay you £100 as you wont find one! Most people from there are proud to have "the king of the gypsys" as a famous name of the town.

As for appleby, I'd like to go one year to see it for myself before I comment on it as I know loads of non travelling folk who have gone over the years and really enjoyed it

Think most the romantic nostalgia comes from when they were living on the side of the road living off the land and collecting scrap or moving from farm to farm with the work .... now it’s all crew cab tippers bright colour vest who got the most money my family harder than your family and do you want your drive tarmaced... 

10 minutes ago, Navek said:

Think most the romantic nostalgia comes from when they were living on the side of the road living off the land and collecting scrap or moving from farm to farm with the work .... now it’s all crew cab tippers bright colour vest who got the most money my family harder than your family and do you want your drive tarmaced... 

Don’t forget the dodgy chainsaws /generators and knife sets they hawk around .

25 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Don’t forget the dodgy chainsaws /generators and knife sets they hawk around .

Get a few mattress salesman in transits around here . "Just on the way back from a show" and want to get rid of excess stock 

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Get a few mattress salesman in transits around here . "Just on the way back from a show" and want to get rid of excess stock 

I remember they was doing that on gumtree, take the money and run and when the mattress is unwrapped it’s one they picked up that was fly tipped .

Guest Navek
39 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I remember they was doing that on gumtree, take the money and run and when the mattress is unwrapped it’s one they picked up that was fly tipped .

We’re doing that  round here .shame really because there one or two round here who are sound couple of the  old ones I could sit and listen too all day ..it’s the younger ones who ruining it for the older ones ..

my mum used live in a little village when she was a young un where  she said every year a family of travelers came through and parked up horses pegged out on the green and they would do work in the village my sister still lives in tha5 same village now and the village won’t have any travlers  there now as they got sick of all the fly tipping of tree jobs and old waste all over the fields and the kids robbing every thing in site