My young lad has a bit of fluff and he thinks it's an ant and has been keeping it in a bowl he check's it non stop he Love's it,so I'm going to get him an ant farm do any of you have one for your kid's, and can anyone recommended a good one.

Amazon do them mate.

Get a queen and few workers. My sister bought one for her grand kid. You get feed for them but tbh it's just sugar water. 

They grew into a decent colony. Not sure if they still alive that was a year ago. Just type in ant farm with queen to Amazon. 

Think they range from £30 to £60.

Could always make you're own from dvd cases and raid a nest 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Amazon do them mate.

Get a queen and few workers. My sister bought one for her grand kid. You get feed for them but tbh it's just sugar water. 

They grew into a decent colony. Not sure if they still alive that was a year ago. Just type in ant farm with queen to Amazon. 

Think they range from £30 to £60.

Could always make you're own from dvd cases and raid a nest 

Cheer's pal I'll have a google and order him one.

Speaking of ants, moved into the new house in October. Obviously then we were oblivious to the problem, I noticed quite a few in the kitchen during the winter. Nothing major but not nice, now it's warmed up there's quite a lot more, they are now in the living room. Horrible when you put anything on the window sills, crawling over the babies cups and what have you. How hard is it to completely wipe them out once you have them? 

7 hours ago, Kerny92 said:

Speaking of ants, moved into the new house in October. Obviously then we were oblivious to the problem, I noticed quite a few in the kitchen during the winter. Nothing major but not nice, now it's warmed up there's quite a lot more, they are now in the living room. Horrible when you put anything on the window sills, crawling over the babies cups and what have you. How hard is it to completely wipe them out once you have them? 

Just give them a blast with that white powder stuff for ants and they get coated in it and take it back to the nest and there done in a day or so but make sure the baby can't get near it 

• Like 1