Justabloke who likes field sport

Hi all,

My 'this is me' post as a newbie to this forum.

I've had a lifelong interest in shooting and field sports without a ready outlet - Aussie ex-pat and the gun laws really stymied any plans to enjoy the sport. Now that I'm a dual-national and getting into the swing of country life here in the UK I figured it was time to put up or shut up.

A bit about me - ex-military having served 27 years in the RAAF. Love to shoot and not ashamed to admit to it in public. Experience to date is paper and clay - military weapons and 12 gauge. Would happily shoot one of God's creatures for the table but not for a trophy. Also happy to reduce the vermin burden if the opportunity presents itself. My youngest daughter (of 4) also loves to shoot and does so with her school clay pigeon team. Immediate goal is to start out air gunning for fun (FT/HFT) and for good (ratting around local poultry farms and dairies if possible). Over the next few years I plan on stepping up to bigger game and bigger pests.

So that's me. A responsible, mature aged military veteran, looking to get into an activity denied to me by geography and short-sighted Government policy. Soapbox dismounted and normal service resumed.

PS. Anyone have a letter template that works for gaining permissions? Have to ask...

I would have googled them all sacs , basc ,  etc and see what was the most suitable to my hobby then phoned if you dont ask you dont get LOL 

On 08/06/2018 at 20:47, justabloke said:

They've offered me £10 off the standard price. I'm probably just going to go with airgun membership at this stage as I don't expect to do anything with the 12G.

Have a look at CCC3, mate.

I've been with them for a few years now - one policy covers me for airgun, shotgun, firearms, ferrets, lurcher, the lot !

https://www.ccc3.co.uk/home

On 09/06/2018 at 23:20, Blackbriar said:

Have a look at CCC3, mate.

I've been with them for a few years now - one policy covers me for airgun, shotgun, firearms, ferrets, lurcher, the lot !

https://www.ccc3.co.uk/home

Thanks for the advice. They are certainly cheaper than BASC and offer higher cover. I don't expect the farmers from whom I request permission are going to care which company I go with for insurance?

33 minutes ago, justabloke said:

Thanks for the advice. They are certainly cheaper than BASC and offer higher cover. I don't expect the farmers from whom I request permission are going to care which company I go with for insurance?

Exactly ! And good luck in everything you do !