New to ferrets

Don't see why people with a garden don't have them in chicken coop and runs rather than a ferret hutch I had mine in a standard size 3 X 2 but I hated seeing them pacing up and down when out of season so changed

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

Don't see why people with a garden don't have them in chicken coop and runs rather than a ferret hutch I had mine in a standard size 3 X 2 but I hated seeing them pacing up and down when out of season so changed

Mine are in a big hutch I built myself , I do fancy a chicken coop tho . What kind do you have 

Welcome to the crazy world of ferrets.

as everyone has said they make great pets if you put the time in, I've got 9 that are all super friendly with everyone and I also work 7 of them, through the winter months they help catch all there food and sometimes get enough to stock up in the freezer for the summer, there better off if you feed them raw meat, mine very rarely get biscuits they have meat from butchers and the rest I shoot or they catch, they smell less and poo less when there on meat and whole foods. 

As for housing mine are in a 10 foot / 6 foot shed with different levels with different bedding areas on each level there are all mixed in together unless I've got a Jill just about to give birth then I put them in a section on there own, other than that they get the run of the shed with ramps going up to each level with toys and tubes everywhere. 

I clean them out everyday and disinfect it out once or twice a week, on the main floor I've got a roofing product called sarna which is like Lino so I can mob it out. 

Good luck and there is loads of people with lots of knowledge on here to help you out on the way

• Like 2