Blitz variable with a lithium battery most of the time. In very windy conditions something with a slightly smaller dish.

The LED ones could be good to leave in the car maybe?? I don't have an LED lamp but I do have a small but V. powerful LED Lenser I9R torch which is handy for taking walks where you don't want to be seen with a hunting light.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Charliebrown said:

Best lamp on the market at the moment? 

Longest beam ? 

LED or old school 

Tracer variable all the way. The size is up to you. I use the 170mm. Nice tight spot for me.

I also recommend upgrading the bulb to an Osram HLX 62138 100w. A f***ing beast of a beam on full blast. A bit whiter than the bulb that comes with the lamp.

the led are a great lamp if low on money and will last all night near enough,i used one half of last season and killed alot with it 100s rabbits plenty hares and D but did find my self in situations were i thought ahh with i had a bigger lamp with me i also found rabbits were on there toes abit more with the led some say there less lamp shy but iv found if u drop a big blitz beam on a seated rabbit or one thats half up they will usually drop and stay there as there more startled  , just my opinion,also if theres abit of dew about the led are useless were the blitz will cut through it 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, LurcherLad94 said:

the led are a great lamp if low on money and will last all night near enough,i used one half of last season and killed alot with it 100s rabbits plenty hares and D but did find my self in situations were i thought ahh with i had a bigger lamp with me i also found rabbits were on there toes abit more with the led some say there less lamp shy but iv found if u drop a big blitz beam on a seated rabbit or one thats half up they will usually drop and stay there as there more startled  , just my opinion,also if theres abit of dew about the led are useless were the blitz will cut through it 

How tight is the beam on a blitz? Never seen one in action