Long haul holidays

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Skegness is nice and if money was no object you could even have a trip to Mablethorpe as I believe it is around £4.60 return on the bus.I would take a jumper as the weather can be quite changeable at

Hi 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, foxdropper said:

Hope this spurs a few to get there , you won’t be disappointed .

I did Kenya a good few yrs back and am in agreement with you, it's the holiday of a lifetime.

• Thanks 1

Seen a lot of Kenya myself,with the military but plenty of down time,went to some remote areas and seen lots of wildlife.Great place to visit,I've been twice.

Had a great BBQ ,one of the rangers ex 22 Sas took us out and shot a couple of Thompson gazelle,non of this popping to Tesco's malarkey.

Edited by Jackdaw
12 minutes ago, Jackdaw said:

Seen a lot of Kenya myself,with the military but plenty of down time,went to some remote areas and seen lots of wildlife.Great place to visit,I've been twice.

Had a great BBQ ,one of the rangers ex 22 Sas took us out and shot a couple of Thompson gazelle,non of this popping to Tesco's malarkey.

Now a no shooting zone .The locals we spoke to have the odd one with a bow though ,apparently .Masai village was a con though ,was just locals dressed up lol.We saw same peole from village getting on a bus as we drove back from a shopping trip all dressed in t shirts  .We paid 20 dollars each too for a look round the village lol.Guide was mortified we' seen them as he got a tip too .Everybody is on the take over there for sure and the poverty has to be seen to be believed .

Yep I'm sure it is mate,British troops are there as we speak training anti poaching teams.It's over 20 years since I was last there,the gazelle was very tasty though lol.

I've seen some very remote Masai villages,Archers post and Don dol areas,and witnessed some of there flash floods.

Edited by Jackdaw
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

We have  a trip to the Masai Marra planned next year .

make the best of them , as in 25 years time  the big 8  will have disappeared  for good , and be bloody shame as well .!  only one  black rhino left  said on the news the other day 

• Sad 1
24 minutes ago, bird said:

make the best of them , as in 25 years time  the big 8  will have disappeared  for good , and be bloody shame as well .!  only one  black rhino left  said on the news the other day 

Maybe a subspecies? Because there's definitely more than on black rhino left. The last male northern white rhino died recently. Still plenty of southern white's though.

Africa's human population doubles every 30 years and the continent is f***ing massive and able to support continued growth for some time. Expected to hit 2 billion in 20 years! That's the problem conservation has to consider and as you say will put enormous pressure on Africa, a unique ark of Earth's mostly extinct mega fauna.

• Thanks 1