Long haul holidays

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Skegness is nice and if money was no object you could even have a trip to Mablethorpe as I believe it is around £4.60 return on the bus.I would take a jumper as the weather can be quite changeable at

Hi 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mushroom said:

My mate went last year on business and said it was an amazing place. He was in Tokyo and then did a week travelling around that part of Japan. He said Tokyo was a very busy place, amazing food and great nightlife (after he finished 11-13 hour days). Outside of Tokyo.... simply beautiful. The people were very friendly, endless amounts of great food and scenery.

One thing to bear in mind is Japan is very expensive ;)

I'm mulling about moving over to Asia in a couple of years and Japan is top of my list.

My eldest daughter has just come back after 4 years in Japan .....

• Like 2
11 hours ago, roybo said:

Believe it or not I enjoy the journey as much as being there , if I'm in no rush ..

But the majority of the time you have kids and a missus moaning of being bored and asking "are we there yet" ?

I certainly enjoy the journey more now the A46 is dual carriageway between Bingham and Newark and don't forget the Sleaford bypass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just been reading this's and it is in the forefront of my thoughts as the lovely one asked where we are going this year. Short list are, The Maldives, Mauritius, Tasmania and Rio De janeiro. I reckon I'd enjoy one of them don't you. Jok.

22 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

How much we talking for a fortnight in Tokyo, 10k+ easily i should imagine? 

Nah you can easily do it cheaper if it's just you or you and the Mrs. Family will be costly but not 10k

Just now, mushroom said:

Nah you can easily do it cheaper if it's just you or you and the Mrs. Family will be costly but not 10k

Just checked business class flights and the cost was ridiculous, wouldn't fancy going all that way in economy.

Got an invite a few days ago to visit a guy deep in the Appalachian mountains,lives an hour and a half from the nearest town,i have started listening to bluegrass in preparation just in case I go visit :blink:

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, mackem said:

Got an invite a few days ago to visit a guy deep in the Appalachian mountains,lives an hour and a half from the nearest town,i have started listening to bluegrass in preparation just in case I go visit :blink:

lol  watch them boys with the banjos  if they ask you to start  squeeling like a pig   !!

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, Arry said:

Have to try the Moon Shine Mackem.

Cheers Arry

I don't drink Arry though it wouldn't surprise me if he has a still and some shine on the go,he is a marijuana farmer and isn't adverse to breaking the odd law I think :ninja:

• Like 1

Just back to France via UK from Tenerife, enjoyed my first taste of Spain, special quality time with my beautiful sons having fun.

Was interesting engaging with the Canarians, expats, looky looky men from Senegal & other holidaymakers. Thinking about moving on from France now!

• Like 1

done oz an nz....and loved both places..was out there 2 month and lucky to have hunted rew in oz with a lurcher and ferreted....did that via these hunting sites...done 6 days in hong kong intresting place..

traveled all round france spain and portugal..these last 5 years in verouse old bangers..that have broken down more than once ....lol

1 hour ago, Waz said:

Just back to France via UK from Tenerife, enjoyed my first taste of Spain, special quality time with my beautiful sons having fun.

Was interesting engaging with the Canarians, expats, looky looky men from Senegal & other holidaymakers. Thinking about moving on from France now!

Brilliant mingling with the Looky Looky Men, "You want glasses?" "Nar pal I'm already wearing some." "You want Charlie?" ???