Kennel bedding

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And there's always one clown that can't have a grown up debate and has to resort to name calling .... my dogs are on shredded wax paper so in the winter can bury down in it if they want to keep warm a

You'd wanna get a sheet on that bed ????

I may need on of them tuffie beds for myself 

Posted Images

Tuffie dog beds not cheap but last for years I wouldn’t go back to old blankets carpets etc, there are easy to clean and dry very quickly,when dogs have been out all day in wet weather these are ideal as they are waterproof.

• Thanks 1

Carpet in Summer and Straw in winter,I did try paper for a bit years ago but far too messy and sick of dogs eating it and getting bunged up .

Edited by MickC
  • Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, Str said:

Tuffie dog beds not cheap but last for years I wouldn’t go back to old blankets carpets etc, there are easy to clean and dry very quickly,when dogs have been out all day in wet weather these are ideal as they are waterproof.

Can they stand up to the likes of a staff or pit pup?nothing over here does.

i use horse blankets , thats what the horsey  people  call them lol, they have them over the horses in the winter . there great for my dogs , as there nylon on the outside, and light fleece on the inside , so not over hot in the summer . And keeps fleas , ticks, etc to a minimum   , my next door neighbor  keeps horses , she gave them to me, as they were spare , they are great  comfortable , plenty of room .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Aussie Whip said:

Can they stand up to the likes of a staff or pit pup?nothing over here does.

I would say so but nothing is chew proof from a determined dog,the first lot of theses type of beds I had lasted 10 yrs of Labrador & spaniel abuse,no doubt a pitbull can out chew gundogs but a gundog will test dog beds more in all other respects I would say,working gundogs that are out picking up all day are blathered and wet through on there return home,they scratch the beds a lot too.the tuffie dog beds I have now are better quality than my first lot so I am expecting a good few years service out of these beds. Google tuffie dog beds it’s in Scotland they have a good website that will answer your questions.

• Like 1

Tried everything and the old dog likes nothing in his bed , it’s out in the run within the hour of putting fresh stuff in .. same with his son...bit of rubber horse matting is what I’m going to try next screwed down 

• Like 2

I have rubber cow mats now in mine, haven’t had a problem , lift them out and power house them of, dry in no time, all that shredded paper and shavings go everywhere! Then when the weather turns I will put in a couple of old towels or something that I won’t lose any sleep over if they shred them! 

• Thanks 1