Barnesmore whippets

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The terrier is beddy x plummer, two sisters 

Don't know much about the various breed prefixes, but I do like whippets, in all their many shapes and sizes.  I've had a few over the years, (fecked most of them up), but, they would have had it

What about this for a bit of structure

Posted Images

I'd quite happily have a show whippet.....I'd just check dam n sire out.....and go for a nice strong one. There's very few whippets out there that wouldn't make half decent workers......on the other hand seen plenty of working whippets I wouldn't touch.

• Like 1
On 16/06/2018 at 10:10, grompz said:

pretty certain that dave sleights proven whippet dog brindle sam, that he uses at stud,  has a good percentage of barnsmere blood in him, looks a strong type ideal for breeding lurchers, 19tts, and 25 lbs in weight, any body on here, running anything out of him.

I’m running a bitch out of him to a whippet she’s 18 TTS and 18lb

• Like 1

that sounds  like a handy little type, for a bit of  ferreting, lamping, and general daytime mooching,have you done much with her yet and what age is she now, if there were a lot more rabbits round me, iwould be tempted to try a pup out of him, any body wanting to see a  preview of brindle sam, dave shows him on the dvd cobs, chickens, and running dogs revisited,thats where he caught my eye, atb  with her for the coming season wont be long now.

8 hours ago, grompz said:

that sounds  like a handy little type, for a bit of  ferreting, lamping, and general daytime mooching,have you done much with her yet and what age is she now, if there were a lot more rabbits round me, iwould be tempted to try a pup out of him, any body wanting to see a  preview of brindle sam, dave shows him on the dvd cobs, chickens, and running dogs revisited,thats where he caught my eye, atb  with her for the coming season wont be long now.

is a kc ped?

Don't know much about the various breed prefixes, but I do like whippets, in all their many shapes and sizes.

I've had a few over the years, (fecked most of them up), but, they would have had it no other way,...they live to hunt rabbits...same as me...:yes:

869565802__MG_6763(2).thumb.JPG.f5be2a1666a54db879260e6f3228d7cd.JPG

IMG_6454.thumb.JPG.4fc45b4e09de923fabdffaba5641786a.JPG

DSC_9551.JPG.80e24688ee4558092eaf0217a58afd8a.JPG

1635514631_OnesCushtiBok.jpg.2d85e1abd0a53dd2f9e6f122ec16ef1f.jpg

• Like 8
On 23/06/2018 at 21:46, 2504 said:

I’m running a bitch out of him to a whippet she’s 18 TTS and 18lb

I was looking at getting a pup from dave next time a litter comes out of Sam, is your bitch doing OK, got a picture? I really rate the whippet, and they punch well above there weight and bring much more than speed into the mix when breeding a lurcher, atb

11 hours ago, billhardy said:

Just xed my mind his this animal out a night hunters  stud whippet .atb bill

The only info i can get on the dog is it is out of a irish bred barnesmore bitch. Some racing stuff in there and the coursing lines go back to chyton minstrel.

• Like 1
On 25 June 2018 at 10:03, darbo said:

The only info i can get on the dog is it is out of a irish bred barnesmore bitch. Some racing stuff in there and the coursing lines go back to chyton minstrel.

Thanks Dario, I know barnesmore Irish and got some chiton blood ,but I thought with the cone ti on of night hunter whippets he may of. O come from bree ,his he kc  any other  info his he worked or just bred ta stud .atb billBill

ive just watched a vid with the dog being talked about. Said he lamps/ferrets/ marks a decent little dog for stud for rabbiting dogs. No great claims made said he does not stand the real harsh weather like most whippets.

• Like 1