Barnesmore whippets

On 29/06/2018 at 22:20, green lurchers said:

Anyone on here got one that’s done a bit ? If so how’d they do , I never seen one have a gallop seen plenty of show bred have a burn but not a barnesmore

My first ped whippet had a good bit in her on her sire’s side, she was just ok on rabbit but she was a nice bitch to watch on the back of a day time hare

180E5AD7-0D2B-4CC0-811D-21D748373846.jpeg

727145EB-DECD-484A-9531-F2DA4CF38B1F.jpeg

3BF2F9A4-78E9-4285-811A-F524ED47F859.jpeg

• Like 3

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The terrier is beddy x plummer, two sisters 

Don't know much about the various breed prefixes, but I do like whippets, in all their many shapes and sizes.  I've had a few over the years, (fecked most of them up), but, they would have had it

What about this for a bit of structure

Posted Images

seen these whippet pups on donedeal the other night, look awell bred litter in top condition,and not badly priced, the bit  about  them having field trial experience in the breeding made me smile,thought this only applied to gundogs,never seen or heard of it mentioned in lurcher breeding before, must be another way of boosting sales of lurchers, could be wrong. 

• Like 1
On 16/07/2018 at 11:04, Trev70 said:

My first ped whippet had a good bit in her on her sire’s side, she was just ok on rabbit but she was a nice bitch to watch on the back of a day time hare

180E5AD7-0D2B-4CC0-811D-21D748373846.jpeg

727145EB-DECD-484A-9531-F2DA4CF38B1F.jpeg

3BF2F9A4-78E9-4285-811A-F524ED47F859.jpeg

Looks a nice bitch Trev  did she hav a bit of pace about her like ? She’s seems overloaded with show champs in her ped 

Edited by green lurchers
19 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Looks a nice bitch Trev  did she hav a bit of pace about her like ? She’s seems overloaded with show champs in her ped 

Not a fast bitch but she had some wind which could come from her dam’s side ?

48E535F2-C975-4865-9FD0-0E2C47D88021.jpeg

43F4DBBC-4CF5-4F0A-911B-12A5815341E6.jpeg

• 11 months later...
On 04/06/2018 at 23:07, blackmaggie said:

Socks is your man anything you need to know just pm him what he doesnt know about whippets isn't worth knowing 

I have a branesmore show breed but she is a flying machine in field as hard as nails this wee girl is and has run some class races and won scava fair champion coursing champion straight racing champion and can turn on a sixpence has beat my top racing bitch bella some going to beat for a wee 18" showpony we call her at home 

• Like 1

princes was a decent dog 1/4 barnsmore bread won near every race I entered him in the more distance the stronger he ran great dog on the lamp in them days I lamped 3 times a week

his sire fly was 1/2 barnsmore and fly dam was bread by mike vevers racing coursing stuff was a hell of a dog on anything id give my left nut to have him now me being more experienced now i made plenty mistakes with that dog but we had some fun and got are selfs into some sticky situation

• Like 3