5 hours ago, WILF said:

Years ago, I cleared all the old kit out of the Department of Trade & Industry building at Victoria.

It was in the days when they still had little individual offices instead of the big, open plan spaces of today.

Something stuck with me from that job, I opened one door to check the room and there was a bloke in there sat at his desk and he looked bad!

f**k knows how old he was but his skin was grey, his eyes sunk back with his cheap f***ing suit that needed ironing......it was almost like dust had settled in the poor c**t.

He was like a walking corpse and I remember clearly (and as I say it has stuck with me to this day) thinking “f**k that!”........he will make that train journey, the tube journey and sit in that f***ing office for 40 years doing everything right and by the book, never taste the highs or lows of life, cop a gold watch have 5 years to himself and die!

Thats not living, that’s existing.......life ain’t always comfy or safe, there been weeks when it’s beans on toast and others when it’s Bond Street.......what a f***ing ride and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Famine and feast is the only way mate 

• Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Immigration officer

Years ago, I cleared all the old kit out of the Department of Trade & Industry building at Victoria. It was in the days when they still had little individual offices instead of the big, open

? I've been lucky,...I've had several dream jobs,...unbelievably diverse,  but all, equally exciting, in their own different ways...? I'm an old pensioner now and occasionally, (very occasionally

Posted Images

3 hours ago, steve66 said:

Id love to go panning for gold , no great outlay just not sure which country 

I would have a go at that nome Alaska or the Australian outback swinging a detector,i would give that a 6 month shot.

• Like 1

when I was a kid me dad worked away loads on the rigs and sites and I knew that fcuker was up to no good from an early age!!

so with his influence and Auf Wiedersehen pet promoting getting wrecked in the building game I chose to be a bricklayer...

been doing it 30year now and ive worked and got wrecked all over the uk and a fair few places abroad!

would I change things???

no... but I wouldn't of turned up for me last two weddings. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

The only thing I could add to that would be bush pilot 

I had the stick for maybe 15 minutes learning manoeuvres in one of those tail-dragging bush planes earlier this year,beautiful little planes but stripped to the bone inside,I cant imagine the level of skill needed to land on a sixpence (or a dime).

P1000427.JPG

P1000402.JPG

• Confused 1

Been bricklaying for over 30 yrs,bored of it,a nice job would be working on lake's,rivers,waterways clearing shit out ,and general maitenance,but as usual i would have to take a serious pay cut.

22 minutes ago, mackem said:

I had the stick for maybe 15 minutes learning manoeuvres in one of those tail-dragging bush planes earlier this year,beautiful little planes but stripped to the bone inside,I cant imagine the level of skill needed to land on a sixpence (or a dime).

P1000427.JPG

P1000402.JPG

you should get a bravery award getting in one of them fcukin things!!

the only time I ever think of religion is just before a plane takes off. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, si brown said:

you should get a bravery award getting in one of them fcukin things!!

the only time I ever think of religion is just before a plane takes off. 

Flown a lot smaller than that :ninja: I actually phoned a wing-walking place up last year but couldn't do it as I don't qualify the weight limits.

untitled 5.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
14 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Been bricklaying for over 30 yrs,bored of it,a nice job would be working on lake's,rivers,waterways clearing shit out ,and general maitenance,but as usual i would have to take a serious pay cut.

I know where coming from with the board bit but I site hop loads so It breaks it up!

its the only job I know where you can have days off whenever when you want and not get sacked for telling ppl to fcukoff

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Honestly mate? At what point In life do ye folk think fcuk it, think I’ll strap meself to a kite an go for a fly????

Your right,kites are so yesterday...…….:laugh: My kids think its a mid-life crisis,but I have been going through it since I was around 10.

30728700_10212251062974152_3156179034115670016_n.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, mackem said:

There's an airstrip about half a mile east. I'll see if I can snag a photo when I'm out and about. It's literally a field and windsock. The lad that puts his plane down on that is the one I'd like to show me how! :laugh:

4 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

There's an airstrip about half a mile east. I'll see if I can snag a photo when I'm out and about. It's literally a field and windsock. The lad that puts his plane down on that is the one I'd like to show me how! :laugh:

This is you this time next year STOL who needs a f***ing field :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here you go mackem..off  the edge of mount babadag (spelling) Olu Deniz in Turkey to celebrate 40th a few years back... going again this summer. Might have another go to see if my balls are just as mahoosive! ... or not! ?

Edited by steg
Plums hanging out
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

The thing is, mate, that you didn't like your situation so you took steps to change your situation. That's what defines the man, IMHO. You weren't happy with the hand you were dealt and you took all of your personal circumstances and cashed in for the pursuit of the better. Like me, you've never been gifted anything and you've struggled for all that you have. You stick to your principles and you'll stand your corner and equally admit when you're wrong.

For all the similarities and differences we have, for what it's worth I respect that.

He'll have to admit he's wrong when he turns up at the pearly gates and Allah says "what the fcuk are you doing here infidel." ??

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

He'll have to admit he's wrong when he turns up at the pearly gates and Allah says "what the fcuk are you doing here infidel." ??

At least I'll be able to keep his seat warm in t'other place! 

• Haha 1