How to reduce the recoil on a .177 hw97k

2 hours ago, charlie caller said:

I am afraid we are going to have to disagree there mate, sure the stock is nothing special on the Walther,ok but nothing special, that router cut I could not care a damn about, but understand some may be bugged by it, the finish to the metalwork is decent, not perhaps quite as good as air arms, but every bit as good as a 97, then we come to the part that makes the rifle so good, I have said it before and no doubt will again, the internal engineering, with tolerances and finish far exceeding, HW and AA by a long way, the rifles are a joy to strip, and work on, with a moderator fitted they are almost pcp quiet, and the lock time is something to behold, with a little tweaking they are capable of knocking an HW97 or AA spring rifles off their lofty perches....... just my opinion of course. 

BET I COULD MAKE IT INTO SOME THING SPECIAL

LOL

DEAN TIMS YOUR MAN WHEN IT COMES TO TUNING

AND IF ANY ONE CAN REDUCE THE RECOIL ITS TIM

OR SI BROWN

TWO OF THE BEST ON HERE

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 2

On 05/06/2018 at 12:15, mark williams said:

I`ve no doubt the internals of the Walthers are excellent Tim, mine was lovely and smooth.

Again though, going to their triggers Tim, they are no HW Rekord or AA trigger are they ? :no:

I`ve just this week bought a 97 K from Simon, ( Piano Man) and that Rekord trigger is sweet, also SFSports Delrin internals.

IMG_1065.thumb.JPG.26e38b1d84ad916757c8b1e537f0697a.JPG

I`m no gun smith, as you know but the Delrin internals and correct lube really help with recoil and triggers with accuracy.

Only my opinion again :angel:

atb  Mark.

No you are correct they are let down by the trigger, however Rowan engineering do a trigger kit that sorts it, and yes thats very accurate grouping mate indeed, at the end of the day, if you want a top notch springer of any make, time and money are your freinds.

• Like 2

Just a quick update lads, i found the FAP were giving better grouping than the JSB Exact but they were taking it up to 11.94ft, so ive collapsed 3 coils & relubed how Charlie Caller advised. Its down to 10.6ft now after collapsing the 3 coils but the recoil is a hell of a lot less harsh & its a lot more easier now to shoot, with it remaining on aim now after firing it & im very happy about that, as that was my main aim to start with. Its still bog standard inside with no additions apart from a ptfe piston sleeve. A big thankyou to all the lads that got in touch & offered there advice. Cheers all.

• Like 3