Hw100 .177 chrono test

Bit of advise if you can, I decided to chrono my hw100 in .177 using jsb heavies in the garden, put a target out at 19yds to aim at and had the f1 chrony at the muzzle, I filled the hw to 200bar, now my first shot read 637.6 on the chrony and after 5 full mags (70) shots the highest reading I got was 736.6 and I was down to 105bar, now out of all 5 mags I never got a consistency most shots seem to go up in fps by a little bit, even tho the target at 19yds was just a large one hole group until I got 3/4 through the 4th mag then the pellet started to hit high, do you guys think it needs a service with the fps being at it is?. Thankyou in advance.. 

That could be anything Phil - testing over the chrono outside, the first culprit I'd look at would be the nice weather - sun shine on the sensors can throw up odd readings.

If the rifle was warning up in the heat, the grease in the trigger mechanism could have been causing some inconsistencies as it was loosening up.

I'd try to find somewhere that I could have the target further away, then test again - the groupings will then help to give you a better indication of what's going on.

• Like 2

What's the fps variation like with another pellet? I've got a tin of heavies here all over the place on the chrono but then get a nice 5 fps spread again  when I switch back to the guns favourite AA express 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Phill-W68 said:

The test was done in the evening with no sun in the garden... As for oil on the hammer or reg bevels???need cleaning, not sure it's something I would like to do as Im not sure of internal gun workings... 

Have you cleaned the barrel with a pull through ?

• Like 1
Just now, bigmac 97kt said:

As mitch says clean the barrel out with a pull through

plus give the mags a light spray with 3in1 oil and give them a clean as well

I went from this

P140313_09.27.jpg

to this just by cleaning the mags and cocking arm

P140313_09.34.jpg

P140313_15.10_[01].jpg

P140313_15.11_[01].jpg

P140313_13.16.jpg

P140313_13.16_[01].jpg

P140313_13.17.jpg

• Like 1
4 hours ago, villaman said:

Have you cleaned the barrel with a pull through ?

The barrel was cleaned a few weeks ago and it's only shot maybe 150pellets since then all jsb heavies, Iast time I was down the range I was getting good groups at 42yds, but it had a slow leak a few weeks back, so I changed the o-ring where the bottle screws on and that sorted the leak but since then the fps has gone funny.... 

5 hours ago, steg said:

What's the fps variation like with another pellet? I've got a tin of heavies here all over the place on the chrono but then get a nice 5 fps spread again  when I switch back to the guns favourite AA express 

Always had good consistency with heavies and good groups out to 40/50odd yds, at around 675 fps, not got any other pellets to try

1 hour ago, villaman said:

Like i said give the barrel a clean , some barrels need cleaning more than others 

675fps is only 10.4 ft/lbs that is about 1.4 ft/lbs under powered with those pellets IMO .

How old is this HW100 , if its under 1 year old i would send it back or do it your self

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B3DzcmEFQk

It's 3yr old, I got it 2nd hand.. Thx for the video, I,ll give it a watch ?