Dogs not tieing

9 minutes ago, Glyn..... said:

i've had bitches right on the 8-9th day , no chance after the 12 th , maybe she is the same 

We've been trying her from the 10th mate an there's been no change in her attitude so far, have you ever had them not tieing?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So what about all the greyhound bitches that are brought to greyhound stud dogs ???????????? Are you suggesting the owner of the stud dog should drive around the country to each bitch, LOL. Stop

You ever thought of writing romantic fiction? ??? Cheers, D.

It's typical when you have a suitable pairing. If you didn't want a litter the next door neighbours mangy mongrel dog would tip her through the kennel gate in 5 seconds and they would have 10 pups?

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, stop.end said:

Whats wrong andy is the bitch snapping and trying to be aggressive to dog when he going for mount?

I have mentioned a few times to other men about the dog should be brought to the bitch..another dog should be allowed to bring her on naturally even if this is not the dog due to mate her..it brings the bitch on naturally when a dog is allowed to play court lick and test her right up to she flicks the tail under a watchful eye.. bitches brought from kennels to lining without natural stimulation can be a a whole marigold glove job lol...

So what about all the greyhound bitches that are brought to greyhound stud dogs ???????????? Are you suggesting the owner of the stud dog should drive around the country to each bitch, LOL.

Stop End you're on a roll this weather giving out your wealth of knowledge. Yesterday you were telling the boys from the Shires all about THEIR badger cull, from your armchair in Northern Ireland and now you giving out information on breeding terriers when all you ever do is buy, sell and swap them.

Why don't you tell the lad how to guide the stud dog into the bitch using a shotgun the same way you use a shotgun to put a fox to ground by shooting in front of it and to the side of it to guide it  to ground, LOL. You're a scream.

Edited by neil cooney
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

the bitch is in control of the tie , she has a ring of muscle inside her vargina   thats holds the glad on the dogs penis , if she is not ready or gone passed she'll  not use the muscles so there will be no tie  

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Glyn..... said:

the bitch is in control of the tie , she has a ring of muscle inside her verginia thats holds the glad on the dogs penis , if she is not ready or gone passed she'll  not use the muscles so there will be no tie  

Yeah that' exactly what we were discussing tonight, think it' a case of just keep on trying an hope for the best thanks.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, neil cooney said:

So what about all the greyhound bitches that are brought to greyhound stud dogs ???????????? Are you suggesting the owner of the stud dog should drive around the country to each bitch, LOL.

Stop End you're on a roll this weather giving out your wealth of knowledge. Yesterday you were telling the boys from the Shires all about THEIR badger cull, from your armchair in Northern Ireland and now you giving out information on breeding terriers when all you ever do is buy, sell and swap them.

Why don't you tell the lad how to guide the stud dog into the bitch using a shotgun the same way you use a shotgun to put a fox to ground by shooting in front of it and to the side of it to guide it  to ground, LOL. You're a scream.

Lol...ive never been into greyhounds or money so wouldn't know to be honest..

As for swapping selling and buying terriers as you put it lol..I wouldn't know a whole lot about that either in the last 10 years... thank god...last terrier I did buy after I came back from the states was ,08.. I work terriers ... I don't claim to know a whole lot about breeding them.thats why I sometimes get gifted stuff.. but what opinion I do give is only from my own armchair experience..

6 minutes ago, stop.end said:

Lol...ive never been into greyhounds or money so wouldn't know to be honest..

As for swapping selling and buying terriers as you put it lol..I wouldn't know a whole lot about that either in the last 10 years... thank god...last terrier I did buy after I came back from the states was ,08.. I work terriers ... I don't claim to know a whole lot about breeding them.thats why I sometimes get gifted stuff.. but what opinion I do give is only from my own armchair experience..

LOL, I see you've added your input to the old Nuttall lines thread. The black terriers you see work year on year. LOL, come on, that's very funny. A couple of years ago you had white terriers from Cork but still asked a couple of good Patterdale breeders for pups. Then you had a couple of Russells. 

Now you've been working black terriers for many a year, LOL, brilliant, you couldn't make it up. You're a clown. A very funny one.

To the OP. Sorry for hi-jacking your thread but it sounds like you might have missed the boat with you bitch BUT one of the secrets to getting a bitch perfectly served by a dog is to know the bitch very well. Hence the reason IMO it's near impossible to answer your question over the inter-net. You don't sound like a green horn so I'd say you knew this already. But for anymore info regarding everything in the universe just ask Stop End because all of a sudden he knows f****n' everything, LOL.

7 minutes ago, neil cooney said:

LOL, I see you've added your input to the old Nuttall lines thread. The black terriers you see work year on year. LOL, come on, that's very funny. A couple of years ago you had white terriers from Cork but still asked a couple of good Patterdale breeders for pups. Then you had a couple of Russells. 

Now you've been working black terriers for many a year, LOL, brilliant, you couldn't make it up. You're a clown. A very funny one.

To the OP. Sorry for hi-jacking your thread but it sounds like you might have missed the boat with you bitch BUT one of the secrets to getting a bitch perfectly served by a dog is to know the bitch very well. Hence the reason IMO it's near impossible to answer your question over the inter-net. You don't sound like a green horn so I'd say you knew this already. But for anymore info regarding everything in the universe just ask Stop End because all of a sudden he knows f****n' everything, LOL.

Ahemm..lol I still keep white terriers we both know there shite ... spoofing from armchairs is the future...thats why im back into the harris hawk..with showing the whites for an oul rosette .as a pass time I wont deny it..been that way for many a year..now

As for the old nuttall lines.. your correct..I have never much been into books... I put my assumptions on what I have read and learned on here.. the THL.. EDRD and anything else in between..us greenhorns have to learn somewhere...and the armchair is the best place.. fs you think im going to get these new space boots dirty.

Haha it's ok I don't mind reading through yours an stopends crack I find it quite entertaining, that's another thing about the bitch in the past she comes in but back out before she's ready to stand so this is the first time she's had a full season so she'll not no what the fucks going on with herself, but one thing is for sure if it doesn't happen it's been a good work out for the dog as he's trying his little heart out the poor bugger.

they don't have to tie to have pups happened couple of years ago mate fetched his greyhound to my whippet dog had to restrain her got in her a couple ov times for afew seconds thought she didn't catch got phone call one morning she had five pups so you may have chance mate atb

• Like 1

Stop ends advice about having a dog around is spot on .I  always let a dog check out a bitch to see if she' ready even if he' not to be used and bitches are generally taken to dogs .A dog knows far more than we do about the bitches cycle .

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Stop ends advice about having a dog around is spot on .I  always let a dog check out a bitch to see if she' ready even if he' not to be used and bitches are generally taken to dogs .A dog knows far more than we do about the bitches cycle .

Stop FD you'll give Stop End an even bigger head. To be fair, everyone knows to let a dog sniff a bitch before making the sometimes long trip to the stud dog you're using. It's common sense, not a trick of the trade.

But it's not fool proof, a lot of bitches will let a dog they know mount them but will ignore or attack a dog they don't know. There's a lot of tricks to getting bitches pregnant consistently and the best lads I've ever seen at it are the greyhound men and pit bull fanciers. There's usually a large stud fee involved and you sometimes only get one crack of the whip.

The last few stud dogs I used I always borrowed the stud for a week and got several matings although some lads leave their bitch with the stud dogs owner. But you must know the man well enough to trust as I've heard of bitches left on yards to be covered and a different dog was used. One case was where an American import was the choice stud dog but as old rough Staff dog was used instead. There was a big stud fee involved too.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wilt said:

they don't have to tie to have pups happened couple of years ago mate fetched his greyhound to my whippet dog had to restrain her got in her a couple ov times for afew seconds thought she didn't catch got phone call one morning she had five pups so you may have chance mate atb

Had similar thing happen. If you feel the dog pulsing he is still throwing his load without tie

• Like 1

You could hold the dog in and spin him for a slip tie but its pointless if bitch is not ready.Two options to get the day bang on to breed her,either take her to the vet next time when she starts her season and get the blood work done,vet will tell you exact day to breed her on and removes all the guess work,other way is to buy a Draminski ovulation detector and do it yourself. There is a third option with the ovulation detector strips you place in the bitch.All bitches are different some breed no problem and others need to be bred bang on the day,some early and some late in the season .

Edited by MickC
sp