Dogs not tieing

2 hours ago, wilt said:

they don't have to tie to have pups happened couple of years ago mate fetched his greyhound to my whippet dog had to restrain her got in her a couple ov times for afew seconds thought she didn't catch got phone call one morning she had five pups so you may have chance mate atb

Av heard of that happening afew times off the local greyhound man as well but would still prefer I tie mate if possible. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So what about all the greyhound bitches that are brought to greyhound stud dogs ???????????? Are you suggesting the owner of the stud dog should drive around the country to each bitch, LOL. Stop

You ever thought of writing romantic fiction? ??? Cheers, D.

It's typical when you have a suitable pairing. If you didn't want a litter the next door neighbours mangy mongrel dog would tip her through the kennel gate in 5 seconds and they would have 10 pups?

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, MickC said:

You could hold the dog in and spin him for a slip tie but its pointless if bitch is not ready.Two options to get the day bang on to breed her,either take her to the vet next time when she starts her season and get the blood work done,vet will tell you exact day to breed her on and removes all the guess work,other way is to buy a Draminski ovulation detector and do it yourself. There is a third option with the ovulation detector strips you place in the bitch.All bitches are different some breed no problem and others need to be bred bang on the day,some early and some late in the season .

Thanks for that, we didn' think we would have to take that kind of action this time around, just thought it would be a simple mating like it normally Is, but if we arent successful this time maybe  well have to go down that road next time.

ive a bitch here that only does slip mating and shes had 2 litters dont think she likes the idea of standing around with the dog fo 40 mins  , he in chucks his muck and she spits him out job done

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, andy26 said:

Av heard of that happening afew times off the local greyhound man as well but would still prefer I tie mate if possible. 

me to mate but its nice to know there is a chance she could have pups off a non tie mating hope everything goes well mate

• Like 1

Loads of pups are born from slip matings, I know a lad that won't let them tieat all. The dog ejaculates in the first few seconds,  the rest is show bizz and prostatic fluid being released to push the semen along.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Lew said:

Put your hand under the bitch and keep her back end proped up an soon as the dog is on her and in push his back end in and keep him locked in and he will be tied in seconds

Try what Lew said. Once he's in keep him in.......  

How does the lad stop the dogs from tieing? So could be a possibility she's in pup but still have a doubt at this stage, just had a call off a man this morning thats bred a hell of a lot more litters than me so we going to take them to him an see if he can come up with something we haven't tried so fingers crossed

2 hours ago, TOPPER said:

ive a bitch here that only does slip mating and shes had 2 litters dont think she likes the idea of standing around with the dog fo 40 mins  , he in chucks his muck and she spits him out job done

You ever thought of writing romantic fiction? ???

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Sound Andy. Read through the rest of the posts even the irritating bitchy ones. FFS. When lads like you are trying a good cross the bitches will be watched like a pervert. All bitches are different. So the time when they are right will be different. I had an old bitch that bled for 20+ days and same bitch was like Mother Earth as she would produce milk when not in pup too. If this bitch is kennelled with other dogs try her with them first as she'll be used to them and more likely to show how ready she is with them before trying an outside dog. The usual 10-14 days goes out the window with some bitches. If the bitch is aggressive sometimes leaving her run free around the yard with the stud while keeping a close eye on things leaves the bitches settle. Do a bit of dancing (fore play) fanny licking, some like it rough as old bitch and her daughter did too. The dog would have to knock the head off her a little then she would then happyily leave the stud get on with it. Mother Nature often knows best. I have often stood back after too much interference and let them at it! Collar on bitch and ready with a lead when tied. I prefer the tie myself but it's not absolutely necessary. Raping the bitch if too early might be the reason she's not tying?? Lots of variables. We had a genius of a man down this way (Blondie  Paddy) that could get any bitch crossed. I would love to have his technique but he was like lightning and wham bam the deed down before you could study the job ? Best of luck mate as it can be frustrating. 

• Like 3

It's typical when you have a suitable pairing. If you didn't want a litter the next door neighbours mangy mongrel dog would tip her through the kennel gate in 5 seconds and they would have 10 pups?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Corkman said:

Sound Andy. Read through the rest of the posts even the irritating bitchy ones. FFS. When lads like you are trying a good cross the bitches will be watched like a pervert. All bitches are different. So the time when they are right will be different. I had an old bitch that bled for 20+ days and same bitch was like Mother Earth as she would produce milk when not in pup too. If this bitch is kennelled with other dogs try her with them first as she'll be used to them and more likely to show how ready she is with them before trying an outside dog. The usual 10-14 days goes out the window with some bitches. If the bitch is aggressive sometimes leaving her run free around the yard with the stud while keeping a close eye on things leaves the bitches settle. Do a bit of dancing (fore play) fanny licking, some like it rough as old bitch and her daughter did too. The dog would have to knock the head off her a little then she would then happyily leave the stud get on with it. Mother Nature often knows best. I have often stood back after too much interference and let them at it! Collar on bitch and ready with a lead when tied. I prefer the tie myself but it's not absolutely necessary. Raping the bitch if too early might be the reason she's not tying?? Lots of variables. We had a genius of a man down this way (Blondie  Paddy) that could get any bitch crossed. I would love to have his technique but he was like lightning and wham bam the deed down before you could study the job ? Best of luck mate as it can be frustrating. 

Thanks for that mate but we've tried everything you've mentioned think our final straw is going to see someone who makes a living out of breeding  an see what they think, very frustrating especially for the owner of the bitch as he's desperate to get her lined, I was talking to a lad whos bitch was still bleeding at 18 days an still got a line on her, there's a load of good info coming from all over about different bitches so a lot to take on board for future reference it's defiatly been a learning curve that's for sure, life's never always straight forward.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, jiggy said:

Haha I no mate your not wrong there, the more you want something doing the harder it is to get it done that is life for ya.