Old nuttall stock

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few photos of some of the old terriers from those lines which I was fortunate enough to own from the 1970's - 1990's   

maybe , maybe not , maybe the two banged up had been doubled up , maybe both did 5 hours each separate digs  , history is as honest as the person you wish to believe 

x      

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

So by that would you say Nuttall had the blacks before Breay and Buck? I always thought Davy, Skiffle, Kipper etc were the initial first proper blacks that were breeding true, dating maybe late 50s at the earliest?

Brian told me his first blacks came from the Davey mating , but it wasn't until he used Kipper and brought Biddie in that his started to get more blacks in the litters , before that they were a dark grizzle , red or black and tan with the odd brindle turning up, a friend of mine had a stunning black and tan dog off him in the late 70's  

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

Punch a dog i gave to Limb , few lines going back to Blitz2 and Poker ,

Barrie your Photo of Snapper reminded me of him 

betteroneofPunch.jpg

When I went down to nuttals kennels for a pup every terrier I seen had this stamp,they were all around 12-14 inches and all were smooth coated ,wf

• Like 1

Kipper and Rusty were brothers.

Looking at those photos I posted and the various pedigrees I have.....

Kipper is Great Grand Father of Judy on the bitch line and Rusty her Grand Father on the dog line.

Kipper is also Great Grand Father of Toby on the dog line.

I never saw Rusty personally, but if you look at any of his photos he and Toby look almost identical.

Kindest Regards - Barrie

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Barrie said:

Kipper and Rusty were brothers.

Looking at those photos I posted and the various pedigrees I have.....

Kipper is Great Grand Father of Judy on the bitch line and Rusty her Grand Father on the dog line.

Kipper is also Great Grand Father of Toby on the dog line.

I never saw Rusty personally, but if you look at any of his photos he and Toby look almost identical.

Kindest Regards - Barrie

not a great photo of Rusty , C.breay out on the fells with him , Mrs Wyld with maybe Kipper 

12743925_10207405730914285_8506542040147127214_n.jpg

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 11
6 minutes ago, Glyn..... said:

not a great photo of Rusty , C.breay out on the fells with him , Mrs Wyld with maybe Kipper 

12743925_10207405730914285_8506542040147127214_n.jpg

Glyn..... Thanks for posting that pic, I'd only ever seen monochrome photos of Rusty before and yes Toby was exactly that same red grizzle.

The clearest photo I've seen to date of Rusty is the one with W.W. in the Fell Terrier. If you don't have it handy I'll scan it in later and pop it up.

Kindest Regards - Barrie  

I'll give Brian his credit, his money back guarantee was legitimate. I got a red pup off him that was cold, that's how i ended up with a good black un down off Rocky. Not many breeders are willing to do such a thing.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Barrie said:

Glyn..... Thanks for posting that pic, I'd only ever seen monochrome photos of Rusty before and yes Toby was exactly that same red grizzle.

The clearest photo I've seen to date of Rusty is the one with W.W. in the Fell Terrier. If you don't have it handy I'll scan it in later and pop it up.

Kindest Regards - Barrie  

i've got a few others but saving them :)  Tig the choc bitch  ,( Rusty and kippers Dam ) Rusty , Bonney and monty 

32969684_2171944999499129_8464972887890067456_n.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Yankee Boris was a Gould dog, Tuffy was Nuttall. Digger I am unsure.

Barrie, John spoke highly of you & I have a little of that blood in my current dogs. He never charged me for a dog & was always honest about the breedings

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The very first black terriers i witnessed would have been around 88 when i was 13/14 years old.A few of the older lads on my estate had them and they were little smooth bull headed black or red things and were out of a poweful black bully dog from the next town called Digger.Some were by Digger to various crossbred bitches and the nicer ones were Digger to his own daughters and the lads all called them Nuttals.Years later a couple of the lads who i became mates with told me Digger was out of a black bitch that a lad called Nat had from Brian to a rough coated wheaton coloured dog called Moley that i can just about remember seeing at the hunt shows as a kid when i first started getting interested in terriers.A few years back i met the fella who owned Moley and it turned out he was a son of WW's Kipper.All these rough young 17/18year old lads on a council estate had these dogs without actually realising what they had.Like i said i went on to become good friends with a couple of the lads and one of them my pal Ant had a 3/4 Digger son a little 12"proper bully thing he called Duke and he said he remembers the other lads telling him he needed to worm it and feed it more because whenever it went to ground they'd dig it with a half eaten fox.My other pal had a brother to Duke which got killed by his dads lurchers but he said he remembers trying to break it to ferrets when it was 12 weeks old and giving up after it finished smashing the 3rd ferret to bits.A few of them lads have gone on to have a few decent terriers over the years but all still say to this day theyve never had anything as hard as them little dogs.

• Like 2