Old nuttall stock

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few photos of some of the old terriers from those lines which I was fortunate enough to own from the 1970's - 1990's   

maybe , maybe not , maybe the two banged up had been doubled up , maybe both did 5 hours each separate digs  , history is as honest as the person you wish to believe 

x      

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Glyn..... said:

Very Nice Barrie i remember chatting with you about snapper the first time we met , nice to see a photo of him :) 

He certainly threw his stamp and if you look at Mick 16 years on he was almost his stunt double.

I remember a certain person, to some a big name (I won't name and shame) using him on a very none descript bitch.... and then a few years later advertising his pups as being "The finest strain of line bred fell terriers in the country". 

It takes all sorts LOL

• Like 4

I don't see the resemblance? The above dog has a stronger, wider muzzle to me. Snapper to me doesn't look too much like Rocky who was the sire of our first dog. He looks a belter like just a slightly different type.

Edited by Kerny92
48 minutes ago, Barrie said:

Hi Kerny

No they're not from a book and all of the photos are my own.

Apart from one, they all either came here as puppies, or were bred here.

All were laid to rest here.

Kindest Regards - Barrie  

PS. And before Dilly says it.... NO I CAN'T FIT IN THOSE PANTS ANY MORE !!!!

Are the pants for sale maybe lol. Fantastic bit of history barrie. Your snapper dog is the image of a young dog pup I have nuttall blood but bred over here in Ireland. Excellent thread now.

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, bull mcabe said:

Are the pants for sale maybe lol. Fantastic bit of history barrie. Your snapper dog is the image of a young dog pup I have nuttall blood but bred over here in Ireland. Excellent thread now.

Bull....... ALL MY PANTS ARE FOR SALE. Ever since I had the operation and "rebranded" myself as "Brenda" LOL ????

Edited by Barrie
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Glyn..... said:

Todd and Brock Brians very early  terriers , before smartening up with some of R.Westmoorland Blood and W.Wylds Kipper

393345_532227173470928_923015156_n.jpg

Thank feck he smartened them up, they look like they'd kill something.

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know the history doesn't really affect things now but it's fascinating to say the least, most my pals would rip me for being such a nerd but I've always been a wonderer. I would love to have seen the small Pitdogs Nuttall's grandfather supposedly added to the mix. 

Edited by Kerny92
2 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

Todd and Brock Brians very early  terriers , before smartening up with some of R.Westmoorland Blood and W.Wylds Kipper

393345_532227173470928_923015156_n.jpg

So what year or decade would this be Glyn? I thought Kipper etc was the first proper 'black stuff' as we know them today?

17 hours ago, DavidR said:

Old Patts 3 of 3.jpgBarrie is this the same Cap & Molly that J. Reuvers in the US had blood off of ? That Punch/Penny blood produced well.

David I don’t know the breedings of these but from what I know they were heavy Nuttal if I were to venture a guess

FC0CCC22-00F6-4DD4-8DC5-1119AAC10EF5.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

So what year or decade would this be Glyn? I thought Kipper etc was the first proper 'black stuff' as we know them today?

Kipper was one of the last blacks bred by C.Breay ,  he was from a long line of black and  choc's, double bred back to Davey , these would of been bred in the 50's from the dogs Brian had from his grandfather mated to Davey , Brock is a great grandfather of Penny 

• Like 3