Old nuttall stock

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few photos of some of the old terriers from those lines which I was fortunate enough to own from the 1970's - 1990's   

maybe , maybe not , maybe the two banged up had been doubled up , maybe both did 5 hours each separate digs  , history is as honest as the person you wish to believe 

x      

Posted Images

3 hours ago, wilbur foxhound said:

In the early nineties,I got a terrier from Brian nuttal,and I was told at that time his old stuff was better,so when did his old stuff run out,wf 

The old ones are always better...... The dogs were the business in the late 80's early 90's.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, wilbur foxhound said:

And how would any of you lads choose between a nuttal and a parks terrier in the late eighties early nineties,wf 

I keep white dogs and am in no position to comment except to say there was a top class terrier over here off Parks Mick in the late 80s/early 90s I'd have loved to have had him...

• Like 1

In the 90's i dug to 2 dogs direct out of Miner and a few others direct from Brians yard. The difference was a third of the size and a lot more down time. Miner was probably the last 'throwback' to the old stuff...

As for Park bred stuff, i've owned and my friends still own dogs of this line (direct from John) and NONE of these dogs have ever been mass produced.

They may come from the same stock but they are worlds apart...

14 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

In the 90's i dug to 2 dogs direct out of Miner and a few others direct from Brians yard. The difference was a third of the size and a lot more down time. Miner was probably the last 'throwback' to the old stuff...

As for Park bred stuff, i've owned and my friends still own dogs of this line (direct from John) and NONE of these dogs have ever been mass produced.

They may come from the same stock but they are worlds apart...

As it should be ,bred for work and not coin

Edited by smasher
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, smasher said:

As it should be ,bred for work and not coin

To be fair John knew how to do it. Never got caught up in the money and mass breeding. And what a gentleman to speak to 

• Like 4
52 minutes ago, Apache... said:

I think I put this pic up before, two I had a while back. A park dog on the left and a nuttall dog on the right, miner was the father of the nuttall dog, I can't remember the name of parks dog.image.thumb.jpeg.19bfec8f14394eb44f9335ad1863dd7e.jpeg 

Which was better?