Old nuttall stock

1 minute ago, shaneg said:

Love looking at that type of dog glyn keep them old pics coming 

I have a few more but got my own project on the go so I'm not adding anymore to the huntinglife budget ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few photos of some of the old terriers from those lines which I was fortunate enough to own from the 1970's - 1990's   

maybe , maybe not , maybe the two banged up had been doubled up , maybe both did 5 hours each separate digs  , history is as honest as the person you wish to believe 

x      

Posted Images

On 02/06/2018 at 18:50, shaneg said:

Does anyone keep the nuttall stuff of old the bigger stronger type not the small stuff that’s about these days. 

As Nuttal was known to buy in litters and sell as Home bred how reliable are his records.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

to be honest with you the genetic blue print for what is called the old nuttall is still there, Brian took from the litters what he wanted , his selection he took the smallest of the litters , selling giving the larger ones away , but even today the larger ones crop up here is a photo of a dog I bred along side his cousin, the black dog is more or less nuttall miner blood with a out cross of some of mine , but the guy who breed him has all ways liked a stronger animal , the main difference is less bull blood , although its not in the peds only a blind man would say a drop of the hard stuff hasn't been added , second photo is the stuff brian sold to NI the same blood i started with Penny Punch 1&2    

26197551_2325852690765131_975380147_n.jpg

Screenshot_2015-08-02-21-03-14-1_edit.png

Big square head wont like to hear this but I still have an odd day out with KS side kick...the man who showed your messiah his first day out... BN would still laugh at the Oven line lol.. is your back still sore son...

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Apache... said:

What year where the two dogs in the first pic bred Glyn, have they got more of your blood or nuttals in them.

The Choc is line bred on my stuff the black nuttall line with a 1/4 mine photo taken a few years ago both terriers under 2 years old 

15 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

to be honest with you the genetic blue print for what is called the old nuttall is still there, Brian took from the litters what he wanted , his selection he took the smallest of the litters , selling giving the larger ones away , but even today the larger ones crop up here is a photo of a dog I bred along side his cousin, the black dog is more or less nuttall miner blood with a out cross of some of mine , but the guy who breed him has all ways liked a stronger animal , the main difference is less bull blood , although its not in the peds only a blind man would say a drop of the hard stuff hasn't been added , second photo is the stuff brian sold to NI the same blood i started with Penny Punch 1&2    

26197551_2325852690765131_975380147_n.jpg

Screenshot_2015-08-02-21-03-14-1_edit.png

Glyn,

A veey honest and knowledgeable post. Dont be surprised if you get pushback on the addition of a bit of hard stuff that is not in fhe peds. A lot of blind people around when it comes to pedigrees. Good luck with your prpject, looking forward to reading it. 

• Like 2

There's still a few lad's that keep the genuine "early" blood about,,,

Another thing which people tend to forget, is quite a few "lines" of so, say , well know terrier men, took bitches to Brian's dog's, but now he's "not the in- thing anymore" never mention the mating's ??? 

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, stando said:

There's still a few lad's that keep the genuine "early" blood about,,,

Another thing which people tend to forget, is quite a few "lines" of so, say , well know terrier men, took bitches to Brian's dog's, but now he's "not the in- thing anymore" never mention the mating's ??? 

Some names crop up who are genuine people or dogs. I remember a man who getting matings off miner to a red big bitch the lad owned which had patterdale in it .pups were seen and some gone elsewhere.  The same lad though could of used other dogs for stud .he did work his dogs the lad but I think he also in it for the money too 

14 years old and still does a good 10 mile walk, if it were,nt for her breath you would never no, she,s the sausage body bull headed type, sadly due to my own age possibly my last one ? Nuttal just like jack Russell was less obsessed with there pure lines than people are today, if a dog was good enough it was in if not it was out, simples 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 7
7 hours ago, Lozzer said:

Some names crop up who are genuine people or dogs. I remember a man who getting matings off miner to a red big bitch the lad owned which had patterdale in it .pups were seen and some gone elsewhere.  The same lad though could of used other dogs for stud .he did work his dogs the lad but I think he also in it for the money too 

I've read that half a dozen times and I'm still none the wiser

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1
6 hours ago, Greyman said:

14 years old and still does a good 10 mile walk, if it were,nt for her breath you would never no, she,s the sausage body bull headed type, sadly due to my own age possibly my last one ? Nuttal just like jack Russell was less obsessed with there pure lines than people are today, if a dog was good enough it was in if not it was out, simples 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Shes a lovely sort greyman?..... Same stamp as the first black dog's I remember seeing as a kid..... She reminds me of the dogs I started with. 716758856_BlackheartsDogs114.jpg.5ca97c4d4f1018ead0033b4d412250b2.jpg562261206_BlackheartsDogs035.jpg.c4f54ad5880819efcdddc3fd4b1955a5.jpg

• Like 1