Old nuttall stock

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few photos of some of the old terriers from those lines which I was fortunate enough to own from the 1970's - 1990's   

maybe , maybe not , maybe the two banged up had been doubled up , maybe both did 5 hours each separate digs  , history is as honest as the person you wish to believe 

x      

Posted Images

Any good black dogs that I work over season after season and there offspring all started and continue to be tightly bred nuttall stuff.. yes a few are like a sausage roll with a wee bully head . but 60 percent would come 14 15 inch well made terriers...and the wee small barrel terriers are as handy as there taller kin the dog in the pic is sausage roll type but a wee tank.

IMG_20180508_195353.jpg

• Like 6

In my own honest opinion you will be hard pressed to find a line going back to his early stuff which still retains the size and build of what I saw originally .Many claim to have it but on inspection  not quite what they  should be just big pats .There's been a lot written here about Nuttals early stuff and what he has today being world's apart and I would agree it is .I lost loads of scanned pics on photobucket when they f****d it up or I'd put up what I know to be his early stuff .

Perhaps Glyn has pics of what he started with he might share .

• Like 4

Your 100% there fox dropper. There has been a few decent lads message me sending me on the right pat. I’ve got a great offer of a dog that sounds just right from a genuine lads. So hopefully next year that outcross will be done all going well. Thanks for yere input lads ?

• Like 2
On 03/06/2018 at 08:30, foxdropper said:

In my own honest opinion you will be hard pressed to find a line going back to his early stuff which still retains the size and build of what I saw originally .Many claim to have it but on inspection  not quite what they  should be just big pats .There's been a lot written here about Nuttals early stuff and what he has today being world's apart and I would agree it is .I lost loads of scanned pics on photobucket when they f****d it up or I'd put up what I know to be his early stuff .

Perhaps Glyn has pics of what he started with he might share .

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I've seen that pic in the old Year Books Glyn. Real nice strong types, exactly how the 'Old Nuttall's' look.

But what do you think went wrong with them? I think the last pic I seen of one of Brian's dogs that looked of that type was maybe Miner. The dogs I've personally seen of his over the last 10 years or so are a world away from the likes of Penny, Punch, Miner etc. They're not just lacking size, but look totally unlike the early dogs.

Edited by Rabbit Hunter
  • Like 1
On 03/06/2018 at 15:45, Rabbit Hunter said:

I've seen that pic in the old Year Books Glyn. Real nice strong types, exactly how the 'Old Nuttall's' look.

But what do you think went wrong with them? I think the last pic I seen of one of Brian's dogs that looked of that type was maybe Miner. The dogs I've personally seen of his over the last 10 years or so are a world away from the likes of Penny, Punch, Miner etc. They're not just lacking size, but look totally unlike the early dogs.

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

to be honest with you the genetic blue print for what is called the old nuttall is still there, Brian took from the litters what he wanted , his selection he took the smallest of the litters , selling giving the larger ones away , but even today the larger ones crop up here is a photo of a dog I bred along side his cousin, the black dog is more or less nuttall miner blood with a out cross of some of mine , but the guy who breed him has all ways liked a stronger animal , the main difference is less bull blood , although its not in the peds only a blind man would say a drop of the hard stuff hasn't been added , second photo is the stuff brian sold to NI the same blood i started with Penny Punch 1&2    

26197551_2325852690765131_975380147_n.jpg

Screenshot_2015-08-02-21-03-14-1_edit.png

Love looking at that type of dog glyn keep them old pics coming 

• Like 1