DSC_1619.thumb.JPG.31775eed8e9d97cc4423426741d6b695.JPG

Got my 30 litre square barrels on 2 x 2 timber runners, 14mm marine ply on the top with some carpet and a metal door strip to stop them pulling it off (tried that fake grass they just mullered it lol) piece of carpet inside summer time(they sleep on top if it's warm) I fill them with shavings and straw come winter time. Fingers crossed even the chewers haven't wrecked them yet(£6 a barrel I don't really care?) would never go back to timber sleeping quarters ?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Not sure if it's the pic DC but that barrel looks too small for the terrier nexto it?

Lol, I don't keep big dogs rh, they go in and turn around in them no problem ? IMG_20170922_194821_442.thumb.jpg.3e53b840174b6c9af04dd66b9b71ba1d.jpgsame bitch..... Can fit 2 of mine in same compartment of terrier box lolIMG_20170926_203328_718.thumb.jpg.2d30515ccd67091cd6944b21dba44b61.jpg

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Boristheblade said:

Think it just comes down to personal preference, I personally wouldn’t want my dogs sleepin in a plastic barrel full of condensation in middle of winter haa

I wouldn't put 2 dogs together... But that comes from experience.... No jealousy over food, warm spots etc..... Dog can relax when it needs the time to heal......you miss an injury and the other dog upsets it..... And you come home to a dead dog.... Been there.... Not nice for your Mrs or kids to find. 

• Like 1
Guest Navek
9 hours ago, Boristheblade said:

Think it just comes down to personal preference, I personally wouldn’t want my dogs sleepin in a plastic barrel full of condensation in middle of winter haa

They don’t fill with condensation.cut an proper size hole and line with a cow mat won’t get any condensation .then in winter chuck some straw or wax paper in . 

1 minute ago, Navek said:

They don’t fill with condensation.cut an proper size hole and line with a cow mat won’t get any condensation .then in winter chuck some straw or wax paper in . 

Boris They seem to keep those sledgedogs happy and it's cold as f**k in the yukon?...... I've spent a small fortune making wooden sleeping boxes over the years.... Spent a few hours cutting them out and screwing together, then staining them up from the weather........ To come in from work and the dogs have eaten them lol. Plastic fantastic all the way these days. My dogs these last 10 yrs don't fight amoungst themselves or with other folks dogs(touch wood) ... But I still kennel them in separate runs for piece of mind.in the past I've known dogs start fighting in the back of the pick up or horse box... By the time you pull over you are a dog down on your way to a dig or nights lamping....you get folks who say 'nah my dogs are fine they never fight' lost count of the amount of faces I've seen after it lol, fact of the matter is this..... You never lose a wanker ??

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Boris They seem to keep those sledgedogs happy and it's cold as f**k in the yukon?...... I've spent a small fortune making wooden sleeping boxes over the years.... Spent a few hours cutting them out and screwing together, then staining them up from the weather........ To come in from work and the dogs have eaten them lol. Plastic fantastic all the way these days. My dogs these last 10 yrs don't fight amoungst themselves or with other folks dogs(touch wood) ... But I still kennel them in separate runs for piece of mind.in the past I've known dogs start fighting in the back of the pick up or horse box... By the time you pull over you are a dog down on your way to a dig or nights lamping....you get folks who say 'nah my dogs are fine they never fight' lost count of the amount of faces I've seen after it lol, fact of the matter is this..... You never lose a wanker ??

Bloody sled dogs have a ridiculous jacket on them lol. My boxes are brick and lined with kingspan then caberdek floor boarding. Maybe I’m just soft but I put stupid amounts of bedding for them n buy them quilts n alsorts. 

After a long cold  day out I like nothing more than bein warm and cosy so only fair dogs get the same for me. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, russell tuck said:

Wales 1234 iv got a spare 1.8m single door galvanised panel here your welcome  to if it helps I'm not that far from you either atb rt

Cheers mate I just ordered all the panels last night , I hope they come quick as iv now got two terriers sleeping in my kitchen lol