Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like cash.... it feels real  

I can imagine lol Bet he did to just annoy them 

how sad is that lol

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Service staff earn around $2 an hour plus tips. They get taxed on tips. When everything is digital everything is traceable. In my favourite diner, I tip well. I never wait for a table and I'm always looked after. Tips are always in cash.

They tax tips here ... Both my brothers are chefs and the tips get out on their wage slip as an extra which is unfortunately classed as income

3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Do they earn a living doin that mate? Or is youngsters an folk with second jobs or summat?

Bit of both. If you're good you can earn a decent living. Not for everyone but show me a job that is?

Just now, South hams hunter said:

They tax tips here ... Both my brothers are chefs and the tips get out on their wage slip as an extra which is unfortunately classed as income

They do here mate which is why I always tip in cash. If the server wants to put it through the books then they can. I'm gifting them currency for a job well done.

Digital transactions have 100% traceability which is why the government and banks are pushing them so hard. Most of the upcoming generation like that they can pay for stuff with their phones and roll their eyes if you even attempt to explain what's wrong.

Cash will never die and even if it ceases to become folding paper it will simply exist as something else that can be traded or bartered.

4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Ain’t there a min wage over there Chris?

Yeah, but certain industries are exempt. Servers are one that is exempt. It varies from state to state but mine is $2.15 an hour, I think. The ladies at my local diner will make more than those earning minimum wage though, I can guarantee that.

Edit to add Federal minimum wage is $7.25 an hour at the moment.

Edited by ChrisJones
Additional Info
Guest Navek
2 hours ago, jigsaw said:

jaysus relax man...i said I DONT HAVE A BANK ACCOUNT ... my wife has one .my daughter has one ...lol and i pay car tax/insurance with cash always ..WE DONT PAY FOR WATER,,,we refused as a country of protesters to do so...they dropped the water charges then...no life insurance  ,,elecy paid by HER card as is internet provider...gun licences paid by post office draught...and ive a car ,,WHICH I PAID FOR IN CASH ,same as my diesel every week...whats so frigging amazing about using cash..and because i dont use plastic  i come from a cave??????really????? my god your well trained my man lol

You f***ing tell him son ?

3 hours ago, jigsaw said:

its in my earlier post.....in her account lol

Andlll

3 hours ago, jigsaw said:

its in my earlier post.....in her account lol

Haha under the mattress, those northsiders would mind mice at the crossroads, haha

I was in Nashville two years ago the girl behind the bar was stunning she said her pays shit but she makes serious cash on tips and if you don’t tip you’ll get a hard job getting served again 

• Thanks 1

Cash is king!

I always make sure I’ve a few quid on the hip and a few quid in my special pot....(all declared obviously) 

The mrs dosnt know what a £20 note looks like!!!!

4 hours ago, Wales1234 said:

I was in Nashville two years ago the girl behind the bar was stunning she said her pays shit but she makes serious cash on tips and if you don’t tip you’ll get a hard job getting served again 

Bit different in Utah. Many don't/won't because the local church encourages them to pay tithing first and when they've had a 10% slice money isn't something that comes in abundance when you've got one income and 11 kids.

If everyone tipped servers would earn some serious coin.

12 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

What’s average tip? Do ye give bigger tips the more ye spend in places?

Hard to call. Usually a percentage of the bill. 15% is considered the minimum. 20% is average but I'll go higher if they're good. I've had one where the staff comped us a free meal because we're always in and I've left the cost of the meal in a tip and on the reverse end I've had one where I dripped candle wax on the table and stuck a 1¢ piece standing up on its edge. The food, service, and pretty much everything was terrible though. That's like the tipping equivalent of burning the bridge behind you and then p*ss*ng on the ashes! :laugh: Those staff/establishments never last.

Bars I usually do a dollar a drink and that really racks up from just me alone! :laugh:

Edited by ChrisJones
Smiley Fail
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ChrisJones said:

Bit different in Utah. Many don't/won't because the local church encourages them to pay tithing first and when they've had a 10% slice money isn't something that comes in abundance when you've got one income and 11 kids.

If everyone tipped servers would earn some serious coin.

What is Utah gun shop like ? 

I tried to see if they could send me one of there mags over for a FX impact .25