• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like cash.... it feels real  

I can imagine lol Bet he did to just annoy them 

how sad is that lol

Posted Images

I’ve never had a credit card in my life..

i use a debit card as at least that is real money I have, I use cash mainly for general spends..

ive seen the shit people have got into on credit cards... f**k that!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Haven't got a credit card and never had one, always use cash. When I buy on t'interweb I use the old woman's card details and give her the money as soon as she comes in from work. She always asks the same question "Have you bought something on the web?", and I generally reply along the lines of "No, I'm giving you thirty eight pounds and sixty three pence because I like you."

• Like 1

One thing I've noticed is that no matter how much money you have if you're sh*t with it you'll lose it quickly enough. Managing your finances should be something taught in schools, IMHO.

I use a combination of cash, debit, and credit but I prefer cash. Debit is convenient if you can keep track of it and credit is purely for emergencies.

Does anyone else keep anything for barter and trade?

My brother (RIP) and I took the family out for a birthday dinner and slid 2 X £100 notes on the plate. That took the shine out of their eyes. Didn't like it, didn't want it and initially would n't accept it. But hey ho the Queens shilling can't be refused so we stuck by our guns as you would. Funny as fck though. Jok.

ive never had any plastic cards,,,ive not had a bank account in 20 years ..its a minefield at times when dealing with job interviews or the wellfare department ,lol they dont believe i dont have a bank account and presume im hiding something ..i deal in nothing but cash...if i dont have it i cant spend it 

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

ive never had any plastic cards,,,ive not had a bank account in 20 years ..its a minefield at times when dealing with job interviews or the wellfare department ,lol they dont believe i dont have a bank account and presume im hiding something ..i deal in nothing but cash...if i dont have it i cant spend it 

Where do you keep your communion money Jigsaw, under the mattress, haha

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, jigsaw said:

How the he'll do you operate without any of the above ? Do you live in a cave in outer Mongolia or Alaska,? '  without water,'  sewage,  electricity,  car, doctor, guns, life insurance, car Insurance,  how do you pay for stuff.  I know that cash is king but even if you insist on paying with cash how do you pay for car tax ect without any of the above. In fact how are you on here online ? How do you pay your internet provider with cash? Do you go everywhere on foot or pushbike?

No doubt I'm just old, but I still like cash!  

One of my locals introduced card ONLY payment a couple of months back, they will not take cash anymore, seems very odd to me buying a pint with a card, but that's where we seem to be heading!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Rebel said:

Where do you keep your communion money Jigsaw, under the mattress, haha

rebel ,just cause you got yours doesnt mean we're all the same bud...i keep mine in her account ....no ifs or butts about it