Tic's

Any you guys noticed a lot of Tic's about at the moment. Last week one of last years kits had a big Tic between its toes on a hind leg and was carrying its foot, soon sorted but found more on its feet and on the other ferret feet between their toes. Don't think I can remember so many on feet before and odd because I haven't been out. They only been in hutch or a run on the lawn, or just running on the lawn its self. Must be from Hedge Hogs, Birds or Cats dropping them, never had a problem in the summer before. Phoned my mate he checked his ferrets and he had the same loads on their feet worse than mine and he's 6 miles away. All treated now but a bit strange.

Cheers Arry

I had a spell last year where mine had a few even though it was out of season, and I found they were coming from a bale of hay I was using for their bedding.

Never seen them on feet though, always on their heads and usually behind the ears.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, tsteve9999 said:

I had a spell last year where mine had a few even though it was out of season, and I found they were coming from a bale of hay I was using for their bedding.

Never seen them on feet though, always on their heads and usually behind the ears.

Yea its odd I use straw and thats usually clean of tics, but right in between their toes is the odd thing. Also mate mate uses different straw. Only 1 on the neck of mine, some on the ears of my mates as well but mostly feet.

Cheers Arry  

hi arry    

My mate highlighted this thread to me as I only sent him a similar text message this very morning. Found some ticks on my bunch last night, my routine and or products haven’t changed at all and was thinking how they have arrived mate!!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, ollieollie said:

hi arry    

My mate highlighted this thread to me as I only sent him a similar text message this very morning. Found some ticks on my bunch last night, my routine and or products haven’t changed at all and was thinking how they have arrived mate!!

Strange one mate, think there coming of the lawn the hedge hogs are very active and I do encourage them. But can't remember a flush of them seeming to come from nowhere. 

Cheers Arry 

Probably coming of the hogs, lawn, I've used straw from Wilkinson and they got ticks in between toes, that was last year only problem I have is ants, gutted courts and housed the stinkers in hutches for now .AtbA

16 hours ago, Jerry71 said:

Probably coming of the hogs, lawn, I've used straw from Wilkinson and they got ticks in between toes, that was last year only problem I have is ants, gutted courts and housed the stinkers in hutches for now .AtbA

Thats my thinking. Cut the grass, treated them all but thought would give people the heads up as i don't get trouble in the summer normally.

Does any body now of a repellant that could be painted on the legs of a hutch. As i feed the hedge hogs ferret food under their hutch and just wondered if they might be crawling up the legs.  

Iv'e used ant traps in the green house with good affect, Could not put them in the court but around. 

Cheers Arry

56 minutes ago, tsteve9999 said:

If you've got cats or dogs I'd have thought they would get ticks easier than the ferts as they would be walking on the grass.

Wifey won't let have a dog, still working on that though. Cats don't hang around my garden, I'm pretty good with a paint ball blow pipe.

Cheers Arry

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, tsteve9999 said:

You could always try the "I found this poor little puppy at the side of the road" trick, in my experience once a pup is in the house not many women will turn it away..?

Ha ha oh mate done that last time, its not going to work again. Keep saying a farmer going to drown some puppies, i just get that look. Here she is it broke wifeys heart when she went, but like i said still working on it.

PICT0060.thumb.JPG.f0f47615453bc09c038bf650102af2e6.JPG

A bit older and working well bushing.

PICT0024.JPG.thumb.JPG.f9148fadb9fdb670d5ec77ad610c2cca.JPG

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 1