The HW 97K .177 has landed and a short review.

Purchased a tuned HW 97K .177 off one of the lads from this forum Simon, Piano Man and she arrived late this afternoon.

Great lad to deal with fellas :good:

Here`s the parcel lads,

IMG_1061.thumb.JPG.9eb33101131b4ef640d3a686d1eee56a.JPG

I duly unwrapped the contents, got my mate round with his skip wagon, ( builders skip) and filled it with fecking bubble wrap :laugh:.

Joking apart Simon, you did a cracking job of protecting this parcel`s contents.

Right, - put the action and stock back together, took an " instant liking" to the Hawke Endurance scope and Sports Match mounts and put that combination together.

IMG_1062.thumb.JPG.b496c9a8f64dab9960e1687460380adb.JPG

Levelled her and set her to perfection to plumb line.

IMG_1063.thumb.JPG.757a2daf9109ad85989d1fd1c5e5f5ac.JPG

Then took her outside to my garden range.

I took a vertical zero at 16 yds first.

Then took a horizontal.

As soon as that zero was established I took her straight out to 38 yds.

Here`s her first group using JSB Exact Express.

IMG_1064.thumb.JPG.e50ea3c66730ab1f277e9d691fe21d15.JPG

Now 5 tins of H&N Field Target Trophy 4.50, 8.64g were sent with her and I naturally tried them first.

To be fair, she did group fairly well but with a little harshness to her recoil.

I`m no gunsmith lads but a tiny, tiny bit of dieseling and I thought the effort the gun went through to discharge the H&N pellet produced more recoil.

I tried Mitch`s recommendation, the JSB Exact Express 4.52, 7.87 g - nearly 1g lighter and above is her first grouping, - very similar to the H&N but with a far better handling recoil,- still 5p groups mind for both brands.:yes:

I put my act together, remembered , this is spring rifle shooting, not PCP and built my shots, one after the other.

Well here`s her final zero lads, I`ll tweak a click maybe here or there but that Endurance scope, - I`ve fallen in love with it ( sorry Jimmy) it`s fecking clinical this combination now.

IMG_1065.thumb.JPG.e0c3f4ae959139387c191f8af669dd4d.JPG

atb  Mark.

• Like 8

You have her safe and sound. Marvelous! I pack all my parcels very securely. I don't trust the care of some postal depot workers!

And we have acres of bubblewrap in my business anyway!

I told you she was a genuine beauty Mark. Now you see why I sadly had to let her go to a good home. Too bloody good to keep left behind in the cabinet.....

....So you can imagine how incredibly smooth and accurate my Pro Sport .22 has to be, if this sweetie was left behind for it. Tim/charlie caller has made a masterpiece of my Pro Sport when he tuned it with a Tinbum kit for me.

The tiny bit of dieselling may be due to the fact that she has not been fully run-in. I don't think I shot a full tinful of pellets through her before I returned to hunting specifically with .22 rifles.

I have nothing but great expectations from you with this HW97K/Hawke Endurance 3-9x40  Mark. You have a competition-winning rifle and scope here that can out-match a top end PCP. 

Sadly, that beautiful scope no longer focuses sharply to my eye, so, it had to go too. My eyesight is not so sharp as it once was. So fixed-focus scopes are no longer viable for me.

The pigeons are really not going to like it, not one bit!

All the very best mate. It has been a genuine pleasure to deal with you.

Simon

• Like 4

Right Mark

learn how to shoot her mate them groups are shit

i know you can do better than that .

I want pellet on pellet man :nono::tongue2:

remember what i sayed about the 97 mark

they have a habit of biting back every now and again

just to let you know who is boss lol

Now you will find out why there the best

As soon as iv got this 77 SFS sorted im doing the shit shot challenge with her at the range

I can remember some one would not even look at a 97 or a pro sport

now you have both

all i can say is for once you listened to me and the lads

TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH .

ASK MITCH IF HE WOULD SELL HIS 97 I HAVE

AND HE TOLD ME TO *(**&&^**OFF

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Haha 3

How long have I been telling you to get your ( .177) 97 tuned ? :rtfm:

Also make sure you try out "my recommended pellet" - the JSB Exact Express with her.

Twat  x  :feck:

13 minutes ago, villaman said:

My 97s aren't going anywhere  ,unless the .177 might go to CC for tune

You would not regret it Mitch

Tim knows what he is doing mate

and you will not think its the same rifle when you get it back .

mind this hw77 still has a bit of a snap to it but nothing i cant handle lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

7 hours ago, pianoman said:

I pack all my parcels very securely. I don't trust the care of some postal depot workers!

And we have acres of bubblewrap in my business anyway!

7 hours ago, pianoman said:

Same here Simon - I've seen how some parcels are treated in distribution centers ?

That's a cracking looking 97 mate :good:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mark williams said:

How long have I been telling you to get your ( .177) 97 tuned ? :rtfm:

Also make sure you try out "my recommended pellet" - the JSB Exact Express with her.

Twat  x  :feck:

W@£!37

• Haha 1

Nice one Mark.

I have an Endurance scope and without doubt it is the best scope I have ever owned and what a pity they have now changed it as well as wacking the price up.

Enjoy it mate

Phil

• Like 2
19 hours ago, mark williams said:

Purchased a tuned HW 97K .177 off one of the lads from this forum Simon, Piano Man and she arrived late this afternoon.

Great lad to deal with fellas :good:

Here`s the parcel lads,

IMG_1061.thumb.JPG.9eb33101131b4ef640d3a686d1eee56a.JPG

I duly unwrapped the contents, got my mate round with his skip wagon, ( builders skip) and filled it with fecking bubble wrap :laugh:.

Joking apart Simon, you did a cracking job of protecting this parcel`s contents.

Right, - put the action and stock back together, took an " instant liking" to the Hawke Endurance scope and Sports Match mounts and put that combination together.

IMG_1062.thumb.JPG.b496c9a8f64dab9960e1687460380adb.JPG

Levelled her and set her to perfection to plumb line.

IMG_1063.thumb.JPG.757a2daf9109ad85989d1fd1c5e5f5ac.JPG

Then took her outside to my garden range.

I took a vertical zero at 16 yds first.

Then took a horizontal.

As soon as that zero was established I took her straight out to 38 yds.

Here`s her first group using JSB Exact Express.

IMG_1064.thumb.JPG.e50ea3c66730ab1f277e9d691fe21d15.JPG

Now 5 tins of H&N Field Target Trophy 4.50, 8.64g were sent with her and I naturally tried them first.

To be fair, she did group fairly well but with a little harshness to her recoil.

I`m no gunsmith lads but a tiny, tiny bit of dieseling and I thought the effort the gun went through to discharge the H&N pellet produced more recoil.

I tried Mitch`s recommendation, the JSB Exact Express 4.52, 7.87 g - nearly 1g lighter and above is her first grouping, - very similar to the H&N but with a far better handling recoil,- still 5p groups mind for both brands.:yes:

I put my act together, remembered , this is spring rifle shooting, not PCP and built my shots, one after the other.

Well here`s her final zero lads, I`ll tweak a click maybe here or there but that Endurance scope, - I`ve fallen in love with it ( sorry Jimmy) it`s fecking clinical this combination now.

IMG_1065.thumb.JPG.e0c3f4ae959139387c191f8af669dd4d.JPG

atb  Mark.

Mark if you blow the pic up of the parcel you can still see your address

and post code

Mr ICE MAN

NO2 IGLOO WAY 

SLUSH PUPPY COVE

ICELAND  SECOND FREEZER ON THE RIGHT

ME 2 ICE

:rofl:8P:rofl:

• Haha 2
33 minutes ago, LuckOrJudgement said: