Anshultz 1417 outing

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out with rimmy for an hour,a few nice buck rabbits for the pot for my efforts on a lovely evening

Nice going and very nice scenery to shoot in. I also have the 1417 but with a sporting stock although I far prefer a thumbhole any day.   Phil

It’ looks small because it is a small rifle.... lol .. . Also that not exactly a Suzuki jimmy sitting beside it, it’s  a Big motor deker

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Dig-deep-draw-charlie said:

I had the day of and thought I would blow the dust of mine.....up, 5 round check zerothen if I went  and I wasted 5 hours of my day (just sat in a few drinks different spots) for a rabbit that I will never get back, but it was nice to get out ....

4EB76C23-06D2-492D-A319-92C0E9DBEBFB.jpeg

53C553F6-BFB3-4521-84A5-E4DC801B610F.jpeg

I know its compact, but why does that rifle look like so small in front of the motor?  

Edited, something still looks strange!

Edited by Deker

Blimey, that is one massive rabbit !!  if you l scale that rabbit up to the size of the rifle ! Perhaps you'd need a big truck like that to get a few of them back home. Or a pack mule.

Is there any 1417 owners think the spent cartridge ejection in the rifle isn’t the best,I find you have to bolt it very intent for it to throw a spent case clear?in comparison to a cz they throw the case very well.

On 08/06/2018 at 09:35, Dave74 said:

Is there any 1417 owners think the spent cartridge ejection in the rifle isn’t the best,I find you have to bolt it very intent for it to throw a spent case clear?in comparison to a cz they throw the case very well.

Yes I agree, if you flick the bolt back they eject fine, but if you open the bolt slowly the ejection is lazy to say the least.?

• 2 weeks later...