I'm looking for a new assistant manager at work............

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did hear you like a bit of meat in you 

Worked for over 40yrs never had a cv, when i was in the building game and started for firms some would say you can start on 3 months trial, i uused to say " no chance, you will know by the end of the

Squirrel shepherds pie, anyone?  

Posted Images

12 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Ask her if because vegetarian is listed as a hobby does that mean she's just f*ck*ng around with it? Before you offer the rabbit and squirrel dish.

dont know why being a veggie would need to go on a cv... I will put capable of eating 5 Big Macs on mine now 

• Haha 3
14 hours ago, Shovel shy said:

When I last updated my cv with the job centre place,I put down hunting and fishing as hobbies..they changed it to OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES. Had to argue with the little cnut to change it.which he did but I had to go through his supervisor. Wnkers

That's daft isn't it mate... Why get a job then find out you hate them cause they're antis an same other way round.... Best off putting hunting etc on cv, then if they don't like it they can bin it and you've not wasted time etc.... Common sense ain't that common is it 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, John d said:

Why do hobbies matter anyway? What someone does in there own time is up to them surely?

Absolutely but how does vegetarian stack as a hobby and I hope that in this context animal lover doesn't mean what I think it means.

20 minutes ago, John d said:

Why do hobbies matter anyway? What someone does in there own time is up to them surely?

What if they find out later on, I'm into the things im into (debauchery, hiking, hunting, flower arranging etc) and they dont like it?

Best to be clear upfront imo ;)

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Absolutely but how does vegetarian stack as a hobby and I hope that in this context animal lover doesn't mean what I think it means.

Exactly! I've never seen a Vegetarian that didnt need to tell the world about it. Ssme goes for "Animal lover" actually. So thats why this person couldn't but include it on their CV. Employ them and your sure to get an earfull on a daily basis

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Would leaving meat in the fridge constitute harassment?

Certainly in their eye's im sure it would. May have to install a second fridge, fir all the none Vegitarians/Vegans. Clearly signed of course ( CAUTION, MEAT FRIDGE) so as not to offend.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

Certainly in their eye's im sure it would. May have to install a second fridge, fir all the none Vegitarians/Vegans. Clearly signed of course ( CAUTION, MEAT FRIDGE) so as not to offend.

I'm laughing but it's so sad that it is true!

• Like 1

You look at hobbies and interests to see that the applicant isn't a wierdo. Depending on the position this part of a CV differs in it's weighting. For a mid career, professional position it's not really important. For a youngster with little actual life/career experience to refer to they can go into more details about how their interests and hobbies have been beneficial in developing professional skills.

Personally I don't see the need or benefit of putting potentially controversial stuff on a CV. My hunting and shooting ain't at all going to be part of my job unless I happen to have colleagues that actively want to talk about it.

Just having females apply for the positions we offer would be a shock, never mind being able to choose the genetically most gifted! :laugh:

Look, this is really simple....if they have taken the time to let the world know they are a “vegetarian” then they are a head case!

You will spend the rest of the time being bored shitless about how they can’t put their sandwiches in the same fridge as everyone else or drink soup blah blah blah

f**k em off and get someone who you can send down for a bacon sandwich ! 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, EDDIE B said:

Exactly! I've never seen a Vegetarian that didnt need to tell the world about it. Ssme goes for "Animal lover" actually. So thats why this person couldn't but include it on their CV. Employ them and your sure to get an earfull on a daily basis

That was my thoughts exactly.

........ The rest of the CV was pretty good but, I disregarded it after getting to that to bit.

I have a fairly small team here and, they're ok with me having a bagged rifle in the office if I've been out early or, if I plan to go straight from work.

They've come to like it when I bring in things for them to try.

An animal rights, veggie nutter would do my head if they started banging on.

• Like 2

Went to one of the Mrs work do the other week.... Am a farmer who likes hunting so was savaged by some bird for nearly two hours about being cruel etc, daren't tell her to bugger off in case she were higher up food chain than my mrs . Finally someone told me she was only an office bod... She soon left me alone 

• Like 1