The morning after jab ?

Not a terrier I'm asking about but you may be able to help... What would be the cost of the abort jab for dogs for those of you who needed to use it?... My vet just said £250 .... Sounds a bloody lot to me to save unwanted pups 

I wouldn’t use it I seen a few bitches not able to go in pup after it. Something about the uterus being dirty after it. A friend of mine had a butch had a litter then the next season an unentered dog got to her and he jabbed her. She’s been lined 3 or 4 times since with no pups and was put on a course of antibiotic buy the vet with no luck still. My uncle had a setter bitch and a sheepdog jumped into her pen and lined her he jabbed her but she had 4 deformed pups. He lined her this year and had to have her sectioned and he got one live pup from her but the vet said her uterus was dirty from the injection and he should never bred her again. So I wouldn’t be a fan of the jab 

• Like 1

I had a terrier bitch jabbed after a mongrel terrier got in with her and she ended up having eight pups, so i will not be wasting my money again. On the bright side i kept a pup back and he turned out to be the cleverest most easily trained dog i have ever had, he is also my best mate.

• Like 1

I've used it with mixed results,  when your own vet advises you NOT to use it if you value your bitch then it's best not to use it. The advice he gave me was that he couldn't guarantee the bitch would ever hold again and it would be better to let her go the term and any pup should be PTS

• Like 2