nuttal book

2 minutes ago, Lozzer said:

No he got permission off him .As Brian said to me , A author as him can go to someones house for 2 days and write a book on someone and then to another.  That's just what he said and when I commented on book coming out , Brian said to me to ask the man to send him a copy 

Oh right thought you meant he didn't know about it, Darcy would be better off doing a book on him if Frain is poor.

• Like 3

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Around 2001 I taped a interview /conversation with Brian its about 3 hours long for a article for a US mag unfortunately the mag finished before it was published, I intend on using it at a later date 

I don't agree with that statement buddy. You can Jack any dog but as a terrierman its your job not to let it get to that point. I agree all dogs even well bred ones don't make it. But 80% of time it d

I find it disheartening that genuine lads who keep themselves to themselves struggle to get good honest working stock due to the good lads who keep decent stock being shy to let pups come available du

I was asked to do a piece for the book on my experiences of working a family down from Brian's terriers which I did , and Sean told me he was in contact with Brian, but as we know his health has not been good, but also  Sean had material information from other books on patterdales from Brian , the book is full of good information on patterdales but as already been said it takes some reading 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Oh right thought you meant he didn't know about it, Darcy would be better off doing a book on him if Frain is poor.

Maybe but it would be alot more right on people who owned and worked his dogs .  I know the same man , Brian , would say for instance. A man writing a book on beldlingtons who had them less than ten years and when asked what worked was not foxes .same with his belief about people with black dogs for short time and experts .things he wouldn't agree on as for being around a long time and such .

• Like 1

Around 2001 I taped a interview /conversation with Brian its about 3 hours long for a article for a US mag unfortunately the mag finished before it was published, I intend on using it at a later date 

• Like 11
On 30/05/2018 at 12:42, Glyn..... said:

Bet that's interesting to listen too

I didn't even know there was a book about him out. 

5 hours ago, Rat face said:

Bet that's interesting to listen too

I didn't even know there was a book about him out. 

It's very much like most of his interviews he's done,he has a set format he always uses in interviews but there is a section where talks about hound breeding and a really good section on the border terriers and there influence on the black dogs bloodlines stuff I've not read anywhere the rest of it is me Brian and a guy called Ian from oswestry chatting about digging 

• Like 3
On 30/05/2018 at 12:42, Glyn..... said:

Sounds like that could be good reading Glyn, did you interview any other lads

Glyn  if what you have is as interesting and informative as it sounds why don't you put pen to paper. I'm sure you could add your own experiences and thoughts on matters, there's very few books out there written by true dogmen without the thought of coin being the main objective. I don't know you personally but I can see your passion for terriers and terrier work, I might be getting ahead of myself here not everyone wants other people knowing their business me included, but I would pay my hard earned cash for a copy, could you sign it too haha ?

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

Rebel, No only Brian , 

Apache, i think there could be one out next year "Patterdales by Pickaxe" :)  

Thanks Glyn.

put me down for one signed copy of Patterdales by Pickaxe, the cheques in the post, haha

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 30/05/2018 at 12:15, Glyn..... said:

I was asked to do a piece for the book on my experiences of working a family down from Brian's terriers which I did , and Sean told me he was in contact with Brian, but as we know his health has not been good, but also  Sean had material information from other books on patterdales from Brian , the book is full of good information on patterdales but as already been said it takes some reading 

Where did the pic of the diesel dog come from?