HAD A GOOD NIGHT WITH PAV

First off he showed me how to use the photon

so now iv got to buy it back off my son lol

and now im saving for a fx impact

and a thermal scope .

Honest lads iv not seen any thing like it it put the hw100 to shame and the nv

Allan was spotting for me as the thermal scope and the thermal spotter was bringing every thing up even a nv could not

Like i said to Allan last night ,,,,,,,iv had my eyes opened up to night ,,,,,,,.

One Allan is a hell of a shot and i mean one hell of a shot .

his perms are stunning rolling hills and deep valleys

and as for rabbits lets just say there are a few

and as for the thermal scope its the way forward ,,,its the future

iv not seen out like it .

he passed the fx over to me to shoot and iv fallen for it what a rifle it is .25 and im going to get one

as soon as i can ,

even his .20 rapid is a cracking rifle .

Allan thanks mate for a cracking night out  just a pity the mist stopped play (just the fact we could not see where we were gong )

Thats the thing with thermal it can still see in the mist where nv wipes out .

just one note

DONT HAVE A CURRY THE NIGHT BEFORE YOU GO SHOOTING

:no::no::no:

AND WATCH OUT FOR NETTLES :cray:

Any time you need a hand Allan just gis a shout mate

29 rabbits and Allan got most of them .

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

PS,,by the way vm nothing wrong with the photon once you know how to use them lol

P230313_01.06.jpg

P230313_01.20.jpg

• Like 7

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First off he showed me how to use the photon so now iv got to buy it back off my son lol and now im saving for a fx impact and a thermal scope . Honest lads iv not seen any thing l

I was even thinking last night what can i sell so i could get one and the fx together lol your right on the they can see much more than we can old eyes or old i was amazed at it . and A

Oh bloody hell Si, what a dork, cheers mate. Phil

Posted Images

We all learn more everyday,old dog new tricks etc and blah.I wont go out without my Pulsar spotter now the grass is so high that the thermal sees what these old eyes cant.

But much as i,d love a thermal scope the 3k plus price tags gotta come down a fair bit as i cant afford the divorce that would come with it.I know Scott country are doing a 650quid jobby but no reviews and no look see footage so i,l wait n see on that 1.l

Looks like Pav,s got it sussed 29 in a night ,i.d take two weeks to see that many at the minute well done both of you on "a grand night out eh Grommit":thumbs:

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

We all learn more everyday,old dog new tricks etc and blah.I wont go out without my Pulsar spotter now the grass is so high that the thermal sees what these old eyes cant.

But much as i,d love a thermal scope the 3k plus price tags gotta come down a fair bit as i cant afford the divorce that would come with it.I know Scott country are doing a 650quid jobby but no reviews and no look see footage so i,l wait n see on that 1.l

Looks like Pav,s got it sussed 29 in a night ,i.d take two weeks to see that many at the minute well done both of you on "a grand night out eh Grommit":thumbs:

I was even thinking last night what can i sell so i could get one and the fx together lol

your right on the they can see much more than we can old eyes or old

i was amazed at it .

and Allan knows how to use it i can tell you i could not believe the shots he was pulling off last night

with that combination,,,,fx and thermal .

this is going to P8ss a lot of lads off

THE HW100 IS NOT THE BEST OUT THERE ANY MORE

SORRY MARK

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, si brown said:

Top night lads?

So whens the spring sale starting jimmy?

no1 you need a fx impact .25 on your ticked

2,,you need a thermal scope si

with the perms you have iv not seen any thing like it mate honest

O and i now know how to use a nv photon lol

Allan was talking me through it last night and telling me where to put the shot

i still missed a few mind but i got more than iv ever got when i was out with the photon all the times iv used it before lol

2 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

no1 you need a fx impact .25 on your ticked

2,,you need a thermal scope si

with the perms you have iv not seen any thing like it mate honest

O and i now know how to use a nv photon lol

Allan was talking me through it last night and telling me where to put the shot

i still missed a few mind but i got more than iv ever got when i was out with the photon all the times iv used it before lol

I’ll know what’s what tomorrow and the .25 was on the list?

told you them photons are alright when you get to grips with them, yeah whiout a doubt there’s better out there but I’m happy with mine. 

Not sure if the thermal things for me with most of my night shooting being around farm buildings. 

Glad you both had a good night?

• Like 1

HW100k is the best sub 12 gun , but in fac you can't beat FX impact .25  ,you can stick your rapids and your daystates .

Sorry As for the photon they are still shit  compared to Pulsar N870 lrf  and ward 800

• Like 1

I remember telling you  late last year thermal was the way forward jimmy, you wouldn't have it.

BUT, they ain't the b all and end all, they suffer in certain conditions as well, like a wet drizzle night they can be totally blind.

i don't think impact is the swinger, it's the .25, I love all of mine, I have two in .25 that both perform outstanding work.

• Like 1

Mate has a .25 impact and brother in law has a .25 streamline both FAC. I use a FX Royale .22 FAC and love it, I got a bit of a bargain on it and it was pristine, basically a crown without the fancy stock, regulator or adjustability apart from the hammer.

Allans got it sussed with the airgun and the NV/Thermal rangefinders are a must..

I was out the other week with the Royale and the weather was perfect for longer range shots ...seriously I was head shooting rabbits on average at 80-100yds, purely down to knowing the distance and mildot drop at that range with a rear add on..very deadly weapons under the right conditions. 

30 minutes ago, Rabid said:

I remember telling you  late last year thermal was the way forward jimmy, you wouldn't have it.

BUT, they ain't the b all and end all, they suffer in certain conditions as well, like a wet drizzle night they can be totally blind.

i don't think impact is the swinger, it's the .25, I love all of mine, I have two in .25 that both perform outstanding work.

All iv thought about all day even at work lol

is a thermal scope but not just that its so easy to use

and you could tell what burrows had rabbits in them you would think they had a 200wat bulb switched on they were glowing that bright from the entrance lol

Allan is a good lad even took time out to help me with the photon .

Like i say,d i had my eyes opened up last night

i think the old school days are on there way out as far as lamping go,s

technology is moving in fast 

and the thermals are getting cheaper .

I for one cant thank the man enough

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

AT £650 it will be total pants, Allans unit is the Trail XQ50, which IMO its a toss up between Trail XQ50 or Apex XQ50 LRF from all the models available, these offer the best performance for the money...I'd honestly avoid the other models save money and go for these..

As for Scott Country I'd rather shite a hedgehog than pass money to them..

1 minute ago, bigmac 97kt said:

All iv thought about all day even at work lol

is a thermal scope but not just that its so easy to use

and you could tell what burrows had rabbits in them you would think they had a 200wat bulb switched on they were glowing that bright from the entrance lol

Allan is a good lad even took time out to help me with the photon .

Like i say,d i had my eyes opened up last night

i think the old school days are on there way out as far as lamping go,s

technology is moving in fast 

and the thermals are getting cheaper .

I for one cant thank the man enough

You know where to come bigmac, when your finished saving ,  I'm only down the road  :)

3 minutes ago, IanB said:

Mate has a .25 impact and brother in law has a .25 streamline both FAC. I use a FX Royale .22 FAC and love it, I got a bit of a bargain on it and it was pristine, basically a crown without the fancy stock, regulator or adjustability apart from the hammer.

Allans got it sussed with the airgun and the NV/Thermal rangefinders are a must..

I was out the other week with the Royale and the weather was perfect for longer range shots ...seriously I was head shooting rabbits on average at 80-100yds, purely down to knowing the distance and mildot drop at that range with a rear add on..very deadly weapons under the right conditions. 

Ian i stood and watched him take a shot at a rabbit sat at a 101 yrds last night one shot and it was lights out 

never seen out like it

in all my years of shooting air rifles

and the .25 at that range does some damage to there heads

made my hw100 look like a toy.

but at least he set my photon up for me crystal clear

and some good shooting to be had as well.