• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was given this old photo of my father and some mates,  by my mother as a keep sake. Thinking maybe early 70's. I know this topic has been shared here before, but couldn't find any threads on it.

This old photo solved a mystery for me while I was researching my family history as I was told one of our family was killed on a railway while rabbiting by my sister. Twigged it when saw this photo of

A picture of my great,great, great grand uncle during the famine 1845

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Marshman have you looked right back into your ancestors ?

Are you Romany blood or traveller ?

Do you bother with Appleby Fair .

It starts this Tuesday thru to the following Tuesday.

Its a lovely place when the sun is shineing ?

Earliest one of my family goes back to is the 1780s a man by the name of Shadrack Boswell landed on a boat in Northumberland somewhere.

i suppose a romany but I don’t no bones about labels that’s how it is round our way. 

I don’t go Appleby but my brother goes and it is a beautiful part of our country 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, marshman said:

Earliest one of my family goes back to is the 1780s a man by the name of Shadrack Boswell landed on a boat in Northumberland somewhere.

i suppose a romany but I don’t no bones about labels that’s how it is round our way. 

I don’t go Appleby but my brother goes and it is a beautiful part of our country 

Know a few Boswell boyos from oop north mate.....

• Like 1

My sister and i in this old car, i don't remember it at all but looks quite fascinating.

Car.thumb.jpg.13622bb251fad4f044fd69c3634a39f9.jpg

My other sister posing on the back of it.

1231963415_Car2.thumb.jpg.8695b118310ba04563429553892722f9.jpg 

Think it might be a Wolsey, not sure.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
21 hours ago, marshman said:

Yeah, it’s a fantastic part of the world up there mate, personally I know I couldn’t stand it with all those dopey c**ts and their silly haircuts making a show of themselves.

• Like 1

Here in my mother as a baby, but i was struck by her mother looks like a gangsters moll or straight out of Bonny and Clyde.

2103350455_Mumasababy.thumb.jpg.28a3dc745f0730ac57a17ebe6a2671d4.jpg

Now I thought my Granddad was just on Minesweepers, Phoned his youngest my mothers sister today the only one left of that generation. She informed that was in ww1 and ww2 in the Battle of Jutland, was rescued after HMS Prince of Wales was sunk by the Japanese. Served on HMS Rodney and HMS Alacrity.

Here he i crossing the equator ceremony.

476084976_Granddadcrossingtheline.thumb.jpg.3da107fc7bb1a60cd7dd7bab2307bde9.jpg

Helping out after a earth quake some ruin village.

791523824_Granddadriunsline.thumb.jpg.f4585568a7ed876daf9d4bf29573108b.jpg 

Says HMS Rodney with a ? mark.

335328547_GranddadHMSRodney.thumb.jpg.fe4b44b5f2595cd52a4c221306f40022.jpg

Cheers Arry

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2