8 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I'd cut the f***ing head off! :laugh: f***ing love a seal skull specimen! Genuinely :icon_redface:

Have to admit of thinking " i wonder how much it smelt and would have i got away with it in a tub in the motor?" as i'd have liked the skull off it to ...?

• Like 2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely scorching up here in the Highlands few pics of my walk 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, fireman said:

Have to admit of thinking " i wonder how much it smelt and would have i got away with it in a tub in the motor?" as i'd have liked the skull off it to ...?

Too many times I've been driving down the motorway with a not very well wrapped ripe deer head in the boot. :bad:

Too many times I've left them for a fortnight before fleshing as well! Putrid! :no: :laugh:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, fireman said:

I bet a fully cleaned and bleached skeleton would fetch several hundred if not over a grand.

• Like 1

I had this tied up and was going to take the skull, but the damn HSE had it towed to deep water by the fishery protection vessel because of complaints pfffffft. Now that would have made a good specimen, didn't half pong though.

Pic051.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Hey socks you probably don't need any pointers but check out "reallybigmonkey on YouTube that guy is shit hot at building camps and hammock's etc also makes his own cooking systems.

Learnt a few tips also one of the yanks I can listen to all the way through lol

1 hour ago, socks said:

How did you find that sleeping set up mate ??? 

Pros and cons. First off I like it and will happily continue to use it, the no frills simplicity is why i bpught it. Set up like it is there isnt the best for sustained rain, as i found out laying in a puddle, lol. A small basher over head end would be best. Its waterproof enough but suffers a bit from condensation. Comfy as f**k with the 5cm foam matress but that makes it roll up too big to be hiking far with. Loads of room inside, too much for me really but then ya can use all that room to pull ya bag and shit in. Was really nice setup as a lean too, rather than a bivy bag, more air flow. Adds significant thermal insulation to a 2 season sleeping bag.

Very good for quick and comfy camping, but no replacement for a tent imo. Ideal for someone travelling about in their vehicle.

I went to the beach at the weekend too as it was so nice, two mins after this was taken, some random tourist walked past, how dare they invade my wee beach ?

20180526_114659.jpg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Gav said:

I had this tied up and was going to take the skull, but the damn HSE had it towed to deep water by the fishery protection vessel because of complaints pfffffft. Now that would have made a good specimen, didn't half pong though.

Pic051.jpg

Top tip; I keep a bowsaw and hatchet in the boot for such opportunities. :good:

Did you at least take the backstraps off?

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Top tip; I keep a bowsaw and hatchet in the boot for such opportunities. :good:

Did you at least take the backstraps off?

Couldn't get near it when I went back with a chainsaw, they took my bloody rope too pah bumhug! 

4 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Pros and cons. First off I like it and will happily continue to use it, the no frills simplicity is why i bpught it. Set up like it is there isnt the best for sustained rain, as i found out laying in a puddle, lol. A small basher over head end would be best. Its waterproof enough but suffers a bit from condensation. Comfy as f**k with the 5cm foam matress but that makes it roll up too big to be hiking far with. Loads of room inside, too much for me really but then ya can use all that room to pull ya bag and shit in. Was really nice setup as a lean too, rather than a bivy bag, more air flow. Adds significant thermal insulation to a 2 season sleeping bag.

Very good for quick and comfy camping, but no replacement for a tent imo. Ideal for someone travelling about in their vehicle.

I was wondering if the condensation would be an issue. I've got a similar set up and the condensation is a pain in the arse so I don't use the over cover on mine now I just string a tarp over the top but it's light enough to man pack so that's a bonus plus it has a built in mozzy net .......