Shoulder injury

1 hour ago, Meece said:

Anyone had an operation to repair a torn rotator cuff tendon?

I have a torn rotary cuff tendon at the moment, ( totally severed) I done it in May last year when I fell and dislocated my shoulder, have been told an operation is the only cure, but I,m not keen on going under the knife and seem to be doing alright, it clicks and crunch,s a lot but with lots of exercise it seems to be getting much better, the nhs is in so much shit trying to get it fixed is a ball ache and all they want to do is give out physio which  makes little or no difference, so for now I,m going to just live with it plus I know a few lads that have had them repaired and been worse off, sorry not much help but that's my route 

I've had a problem with pain for at least a couple of years, so much so that when I took the four son in laws clay shooting I  had about the lowest score along with one of them that doesn't shoot. This was pretty bad because I couldn't get the gun to the shoulder any sense. It's affected my rifle shòting also. The local quack has given me several shots of hydro cortisone which worked for about 3 months then it wears off.  New woman doctor tòok over and said no more. It's just hiding a problem and sent me off for mri scan. NHS waiting time 35 weèks to have op done. We Belong to a private health care thing. Same surgeon as  NHS 6 weeks wait !!  Surely that NHS trained surgeon should be working in the NHS not doing part time and going off doing private work for big bucks. Looks like it is most of this year out of action shooting wise with the rehab /exercising after op. How long does it take to get back into it ?

Edited by Meece

as few know i hurt my left shoulder few years ago, there post on here. dont think it the same injury  as max or meece , mine is where the bone rests on top of the shoulder, then runs back down to the collar bone (clavicle) , mine pushed up on top , it will only go back down with a OP. that would mean  saw off top of the bone sticking up, and push back down it to shoulder, was told at my age  65 if i can live with it leave it alone, if was 1/2 my age they do it. i do  dum bell  weights every day  start with 7lb , then  10 lb  30 reps, not to bad , but just looks bit strange sticking up  lol , i was told my injury  common with  rugby  players . if your 1/2 my age and in pain with your injury  have a OP mate .

7 hours ago, Greyman said:

I have a torn rotary cuff tendon at the moment, ( totally severed) I done it in May last year when I fell and dislocated my shoulder, have been told an operation is the only cure, but I,m not keen on going under the knife

the nhs is in so much shit trying to get it fixed is a ball ache and all they want to do is give out physio which  makes little or no difference, so for now I,m going to just live with it plus I know a few lads that have had them repaired and been worse off,

that's my route 

If you have an injury and given help and options , why are you going to ignore what they say to you.  It's their job and specialty. You might be able to plod along but it isn't the way to get it sorted out long term. And I  exlect that the lads that you know that that have had them repaired and been worse off havent followed instructions and have gone back to work too sòn and eFfd the job up.

4 hours ago, Jackknife said:

Had mine repaired couple year ago,6 months off work bit tender for a while but sorted now

this is the down side. The time out and the discipline to see it through. The consultant surgeon that I saw is reputed to be first class and I  expect to be beating the son in laws at clays when it is sorted and recouperated, probably next year now.

got an isue with my left shoulder...im fairly sure its some kind of rotator issue ,,not that i have been to the docs or owt.....but my mobility in my left shoulder is bad...i cant get my left fore arm verticle when i raise my arms....it means i kind of push forward when doin any pressing ....and things like overhead squats are impossible.....

1 hour ago, Qbgrey said:

My clavacule gone also,sticks right up over an inch.

same as me then, does it affect you in any way,?  mine my left shoulder , i carnt sleep more than 7-8 mins on my left side , the pain will stop me  after sleep on my other side . ive got about 90% movement, but it clicks alot when i use it, are you similar to me or no probs with yours .?

Mine seems fine bird,crunches a bit,but i had the choice to have it screwed down,but if you do manual work they said it may pull out so i left it,got 3 mates got it too,but mine sticks up the most(damm)

Just back to work fell tore rotator cuff, minium 3 months  off work if you do manual work after surgery which in my case took 5 month wait after accident . 6 weeks in sling and then physio to get your arm working again which it will not do without a lot of excercises. 5 months know since surgery and can do most things I did think will I bother getting surgery but glad I did now.If you can not lift your hand above your head it will probable be a rotator cuff tear.