Shoulder injury

My damaged rotor cuff tendon injury shows as ..... not being able to lift my arm higher than the horizontal out front or to the side without  a gripping sore pain and there is no power to pick up or hold stuff at that level.  It isn't a stinging or burning sensation.  The lower arm (biceps ) has plenty of power to lift without pain. Sometimes just the weight of the limb hurts and I use the dog lead like a sling to help hold the weight of the arm up. Although the damage appears to be on the top of the shoulder on the mri scan, the pain shows down the back and side of the deltoid into the tricep muscles

• Sad 1

Must be all us shooters! My left shoulder is bad too, my tendon has calcified and tears at the drop of a hat, I also have bursitis as an added bonus. I got offered the op years ago for roto cuff but declined after reading too much Dr Google, its too late for me now even if I wanted it. 

One of the son in laws hates my Browning B325 Gd5 and he Maintains that it has caused the problem. In fact, one lf the other son in laws hates it also. They just aren't Browning fans. One likes Berreta and the other don't  mind as long as it isn't  Browning. Whatever the reason for the pain I am having it's a blooming nuisance and it means that I  won't be shooting anything for some months and I won't be helping the Mrs with much. Late this afternoon she had a bit of a lesson with the lawnmower.  ??. Maybe washing the car tomorrow.  I may have to have lessons in taking a back seat and being driven around, washed and dressed ect. A new life for a while.

• 1 month later...

Well, I had the op last Wednesday and ended up with the surgeon having to open up the shoulder after trying to do the job keyhole ( more difficult repair and damage than thought needed).. I've got 3 holes for the keyhole bit, another smaĺl straight cut incision and about a 5 inch long cut from front to back. We changed all the dressings and cleaned up the shoulder as instructed and  replaced with  new dressings. it all looks ok and when fully heàled probably wont show hardly at all. The arm is fairly bruised all the way down to my elbow and I have a heavy duty  boot like sling that I will have to wear 24/7 for the next 4....6 weèks. there is a certain amount of pain similar to before. The two main downsides are the 3 types of painkilĺer have  bound me up badly and the total difficulty operating one handed when its the main hand side.  Your operated arm is fixed in a rigid sling at right angles across the front. Stuff like getting dressed, combing hair, breaking  off toilet paper, getting your bits out, wiping your  bum ... if you can go, is blooming difficult. Feeding you self is comicàl. She has to cut everything up and I  have to use a spoon, most of it goes in my mouth. Disabled people ( stroke victims ) have my sympathy . Ì am still feeling the after effects of the anaesthetic and soon run out of energy. Wife has bèen brilliant doing everything for  me and wont let me do much at all. Takes the dog out for long walks after instructing me not to move or do anything whilst she is out. I wouldn't be able to do much anyway and its likely to be like this for several months. Stitches out next week and then onto physio. No shooting of any sort for a long while. I'll  just have to visit the rifle club as a passive  member untiĺ I can build up the shoulder  muscĺes to get the target rifle up and steady. Looks like next year now. I'll try clays with the 20 or 28 when I think that the shoulder wiĺ take the recoil and I can lift the gun.

Edited by Meece
On 25 May 2018 at 12:38, Kerny92 said:

I don't know what injury i had a few year ago but it felt like i was getting stung by a Wasp in the shoulder, every time i moved it i got a burning sensation.

I think the medical term for that is wankers cramp and if you don't get it sorted you can go blind ?