An hours swimming for the the dog

Though I would take jessy for a splash looks like a drowned rat there I didn't get any of her in the lake will try get some up she can water retrieve to like 100ft or as far as i can throw a Stick

IMG-20180521-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20180521-WA0015.jpg

Edited by Mr r3d
  • Like 3

Getting dogs swimming is great way to exercise them, I try getting my lurchers in the lakes but they refuse unless I go in, remember a pal used to put his staffs in cannel and slip there leads through a short scaf bar and hold the bar while dog swam,and he'd walk a mile a day like this. His dogs lookt good. 

• 1 month later...
On 23/05/2018 at 22:51, robertb123 said:

she'll even swim when there's  no stick involved,  can be a bit of a pain, she always wants to get into water any time of the year, on the other hand can just give her an hour or so of swimming, saves me walking!

My Jack will only chance the ball she will have a paddle lol but if she sees something she wants that's when she will swim I used to have a staffy/pit and she was a real water dog couldn't keep her out of the water was a nightmare and she used to stand in the river by mine and just dip her head under like she was trying to catch fish lol

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Mr r3d said:

Your to right bro I could do with going in with her looks refreshing 

Sign me up and ill bring the motley crew ? what seems to be the best method to introduce a pup?ive a pond here but its 5ft deep and no real shallow entry!just slowly dip in and let mother nature take course?

12 hours ago, DigDeepIRL said:

Sign me up and ill bring the motley crew ? what seems to be the best method to introduce a pup?ive a pond here but its 5ft deep and no real shallow entry!just slowly dip in and let mother nature take course?

best to find somewhere with shallow entry, let the dog get used to the water. remember one bullterrier I had, he went to follow the older dog into the pond, he was fine until his balls touched the water, he froze didn't know what to do!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, robertb123 said:

best to find somewhere with shallow entry, let the dog get used to the water. remember one bullterrier I had, he went to follow the older dog into the pond, he was fine until his balls touched the water, he froze didn't know what to do!

Yeh I agree take em to a shallow stream and play with them in there get them used to it I had a Rottweiler that done the same as your dog ran in chasing the greyhound and didn't realise it was like 5 ft deep his head popped up after 20 seconds he was in a right panic funny to watch though lol 

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, DigDeepIRL said:

Yeh we will have a dog Olympic swimming race lol I got a couple of kayaks we can "official" ???

Edited by Mr r3d
On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 20:58, Mr r3d said:

Took the whole pack out for another swim today tiredIMG-20180714-WA0006.thumb.jpg.7435f1f8199b5c5e46aec5e8602d56ec.jpgem all out 

Looks a nice spot that, i'd be tempted to go in myself! State of those legs in the photo, you wanna get your trunks on and get a bit of sun! ?