• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like a dexter wedge for the bass some thing you lob out  a fair way if needed. Seems to work well for them. Good in lower tidal parts of rivers Might pump some blacks and have a dabble fo

If spinning for Bass off rocks or beach I would use a 2 to 2 3/4lb carp rod with a 28g Toby first light or at twylight . Day time same lure for Mackrell, Silver day time a White one for low light.

I was out Friday and Sunday, had a few mackerel, lots of bream and a few rays

Posted Images

8 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Heard a few plaice are showing Arry, the ferrets will be away now and the rods back out!

Probably be April before I sit on the yak though....

Same here mate stopped young every were. Just thought I would give heads up on the Mackrell lad I know had 30 all small and lovely Bass bait, just think that if the bait fish are there it could be worth a go. May have a go Thursday for  Plaice if there is a window in the weather, bit of a fare weather fisherman these days Lol.

Might take a spare rod and have a bit of chicken chucking.

Cheers Arry

3 hours ago, Arry said:

Same here mate stopped young every were. Just thought I would give heads up on the Mackrell lad I know had 30 all small and lovely Bass bait, just think that if the bait fish are there it could be worth a go. May have a go Thursday for  Plaice if there is a window in the weather, bit of a fare weather fisherman these days Lol.

Might take a spare rod and have a bit of chicken chucking.

Cheers Arry

Good luck mate...

The rivers close on 15th March so would like a trip chubbing up the Tone before it closes..

Get on the sea fishing after that, like you say if the joeys are in the bass won't be far behind 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

hi I don't sea fish, but am a decent fresh water angler and have often thought about fishing from rocks and banks etc when on holiday, and might be going to see a mate in cornwall this summer are there any legal reasons not to, and can I use my course tackle do you think, cheers.

1 hour ago, two crows said:

hi I don't sea fish, but am a decent fresh water angler and have often thought about fishing from rocks and banks etc when on holiday, and might be going to see a mate in cornwall this summer are there any legal reasons not to, and can I use my course tackle do you think, cheers.

It’s FREE  some piers etc you might not be able to but public beaches etc yes

with coarse gear it might get damaged or hooks go rusty , but a 2.5 tc plus carp rod is similar to a bass rod really ?

I done bit of Mackeral bashing and float fishing when I was a teen, 

im going to start up again saltwater spinning but I fancy getting a small spinning reel teamed with a fly rod I reckon that some saltwater lures and a rucksack could be nice little mobile set up for wrasse up to pollack and bass ?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, two crows said:

Have a go for the Grey Mullet mate just like fresh water fishing. They like rivers , harbours. If your fish a long way up a river in brackish water then use bread flake, if you fish in harbours or in salt water then use mackerel flesh or top bait a sprat fillet. Just like fishing for carp on float and they go quite well. Hope this helps.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2

I like a dexter wedge for the bass some thing you lob out  a fair way if needed. Seems to work well for them. Good in lower tidal parts of rivers

10249710923_6ccbd839ca_o.jpg.49e8063f8c80377a7ed2bfb255205c67.jpg

Might pump some blacks and have a dabble for a bass next weekend.
Rabbiting over with now. I did have visions of idyllic evenings on the beach with the dog but once he twigged what was going on if he sees me reeling in a fish he goes storming off in the surf and tries to pummel mr spikey with a 6/0 in its chops 

His such a tit lol

17818555889_9f2888c879_o.jpg.23e6adc55950ee3cbaa9f651f752bdaf.jpg

Edited by terryd
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

It’s FREE  some piers etc you might not be able to but public beaches etc yes

with coarse gear it might get damaged or hooks go rusty , but a 2.5 tc plus carp rod is similar to a bass rod really ?

I done bit of Mackeral bashing and float fishing when I was a teen, 

im going to start up again saltwater spinning but I fancy getting a small spinning reel teamed with a fly rod I reckon that some saltwater lures and a rucksack could be nice little mobile set up for wrasse up to pollack and bass ?

so spinning from rocks etc is that with a small mep/ perch spinner type ?

Edited by two crows

If spinning for Bass off rocks or beach I would use a 2 to 2 3/4lb carp rod with a 28g Toby first light or at twylight . Day time same lure for Mackrell, Silver day time a White one for low light.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
On 17/03/2019 at 11:06, two crows said:

Fishing from the rocks is great fun. Just make sure it’s safe. Check out the tides and watch out for the swell. Don’t go going anywhere that’s tricky to get to as you might have to get out of there if the tides or weather turns. ?