• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like a dexter wedge for the bass some thing you lob out  a fair way if needed. Seems to work well for them. Good in lower tidal parts of rivers Might pump some blacks and have a dabble fo

If spinning for Bass off rocks or beach I would use a 2 to 2 3/4lb carp rod with a 28g Toby first light or at twylight . Day time same lure for Mackrell, Silver day time a White one for low light.

I was out Friday and Sunday, had a few mackerel, lots of bream and a few rays

Posted Images

4 hours ago, steve66 said:

noticed at filey brigg the other day signs saying bass must be returned ? are numbers low on the east coast ?

Have a read of this Steve.

https://www.henry-gilbey.com/blog/id-find-the-proposed-2018-recreational-bass-fishing-regulations-a-lot-easier-to-swallow-if-theyd-bloody-well-enforce-the-commercial-restrictions

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
11 hours ago, steve66 said:

noticed at filey brigg the other day signs saying bass must be returned ? are numbers low on the east coast ?

been a few years since I fished Filey front for bass... you could get a fair few from round the pool but plate fillers were few and far between so nearly everything went back!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Early Mackerel being caught in numbers. All small joeys but ideal Bass bait for you lads with kayaks. I know its early but if the bait fish are there it might be worth a try.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Go down chesil today an a 6oz lead might come back towards you ?

Ha ha I agree going to be a bit rough today, raining here blowing but not that hard YET. Lol.

Will try for some early Plaice this week when it calms down. If there is any Mackrell about might chuck one out short.

Cheers Arry

1 hour ago, Arry said:

Ha ha I agree going to be a bit rough today, raining here blowing but not that hard YET. Lol.

Will try for some early Plaice this week when it calms down. If there is any Mackrell about might chuck one out short.

Cheers Arry

Dunno where your to but I’m 16 miles inland from Weymouth with high wind an rain ?

24 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Dunno where your to but I’m 16 miles inland from Weymouth with high wind an rain ?

Totnes mate near Torbay.  Pissing down and blowing now lol.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

When i lived in pembrokeshire and fished off the rocks a lot if i was bottom fishing and up high,i'd make a float rig on a running trace type thing and clip it on my main like and let in slide down.Caught a few things on this method like makeral,pollock and pouting and once had a bull huss on the bottom rig and a cracking pollock on the float at the same time..Chesil looks like a beach you could maybe do that on with it's steep banks????..

29 minutes ago, fireman said:

When i lived in pembrokeshire and fished off the rocks a lot if i was bottom fishing and up high,i'd make a float rig on a running trace type thing and clip it on my main like and let in slide down.Caught a few things on this method like makeral,pollock and pouting and once had a bull huss on the bottom rig and a cracking pollock on the float at the same time..Chesil looks like a beach you could maybe do that on with it's steep banks????..

We often use a rig similar especially when it a bit quiet. We use a link swivel about two or three foot long trace a strip of Mackrell or live sand eel, best with off shore wind, Cast out let the line tighten and clip the rig on and let it go.

Another rig that's useful is to have a trace running free above your main rig with a flounder float under it and a bead above, hard to cast mind. it will run up to your shock leader knot, it another good one for Mackrell etc.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1