New MOT rules !!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you know my friend, I have absolutely no problem with people hiding their money from people who want to steal it and waste it......I don’t care how rich they are and I’m sure you don’t either.

It's another tax. Next month it will be another. Then another. And so on... The rich are getting really good at hiding their money so someone has to step and take the slack for all those welfare progr

They just use a different motor so yours passes emissions that's what "they always done with any of my 'toys' lol.   

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

They don't test NOx or COx right? Just particulates (smoke)?

I'm told EGR blanking helps with a cleaner burn.....

Blanking the egr don't just burn cleaner it stops the engine killing itself, I take them straight off all my vans as soon as I get them never seen anything so ridiculous as pumping soot in though the air intake and even if the motor is,nt smokie it runs much better without one dpf are much the same I,ve just never had anything new enough to require one or I,d cut that off as well 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, stealthy1 said:

If I had MOT'd my van last week, it would have passed, this week it failed it's emission test, waiting for the story, and the bill tomorrow.   Lad testing said most vehicles failing are VW, andAudi, now there's a surprise.

Just wind the stop in on the fuel pump so they can't Rev it so hard when testing or chuck a couple of gallons of bio fuel in the tank both will get it through 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Blanking the egr don't just burn cleaner it stops the engine killing itself, I take them straight off all my vans as soon as I get them never seen anything so ridiculous as pumping soot in though the air intake and even if the motor is,nt smokie it runs much better without one dpf are much the same I,ve just never had anything new enough to require one or I,d cut that off as well 

Just took the dpf off the Mrs people carrier, would of cost me £1600 to replace or £450 to take it off, new remapped ecu..... I choose the later.... Car has never run so good ?

• Like 1
On 08/06/2018 at 10:57, Born Hunter said:

They don't test NOx or COx right? Just particulates (smoke)?

I'm told EGR blanking helps with a cleaner burn.....

Mot/VOSA testing equipment are only set for particulates.. (smoke)..

all the other gases that make up emitions from partially burnt fuel can only be tested on PEMS machines... and they aren’t cheap!!

thats why in the early days Cgon units were tested at Millbrook or Emissions Analytics... the results were always good, infact very good... but the govermemt wouldn’t want a £450 product to solve the problem when they can charge extra tax, low emission zones (what’s  the point, pay to go in and carry on pumping out the gas!! But at least someone’s pockets are lined!)..

last week we fitted 2 units on a big national demolition firm, who work a lot in London, we’ve fitted on a Viridor dust cart in Canning Town, that thing was 10 years old and as dirty as you can get, instant 83% reduction in emission (vosa/smoke test).. the Viridor engineer couldn’t believe it, over the past few months we’ve averaged a 15% uplift in fuel (using their telematic system, 3 months previous fuel info, find the average and repeat the process after fitting).. it’s a long process, it’s old science done well.. the marketing has ramped up, tv ads on Sky last month.. lots of pin point press releases, big interest in the real problem areas (China, India)...

i was a sceptic when this was first presented to me, I’m certainly not now, I’m in....

there arw huge problems beyond failing an MOT, the pressure on fleets, hauliers, large contractors etc.. to be ‘green’ is gainIng momentum.. hopefully our timing and product is bang on... 

but... do you know what... they don’t need to change/clean DPF’s (clean burn no carbon build up), the emission results are unreal... but... all the big boys care about is the fuel saving.. 5% on trucks that do around 8mpg is huge... when your fuel spend has 6 zeros on the end.. this becomes more than interesting!!

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have read up on Kev’s device and it’s simply brilliant, no two ways about it.

As for the new MOT rules (and charges to drive into London), I can’t help but think to myself it’s a trick to drive folks into more debt.

The world fell to bits on the back of unsecured debt in 2008 but now they want everyone with a brand new car or van......you can’t get a self cert mortgage for a house that’s only ever going to go up in value under the “keeping people safe from debt” bullshit but you can get a 30 grand motor that’s worth 15 as soon as you drive it off the forecourt ! 

That my friends is bollocks of the highest order! 

• Like 3
Just now, WILF said:

As for the new MOT rules (and charges to drive into London), I can’t help but think to myself it’s a trick to drive folks into more debt.

It's another tax. Next month it will be another. Then another. And so on... The rich are getting really good at hiding their money so someone has to step and take the slack for all those welfare programs designed to help the people that are falling into more debt...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ChrisJones said:

It's another tax. Next month it will be another. Then another. And so on... The rich are getting really good at hiding their money so someone has to step and take the slack for all those welfare programs designed to help the people that are falling into more debt...

As you know my friend, I have absolutely no problem with people hiding their money from people who want to steal it and waste it......I don’t care how rich they are and I’m sure you don’t either.

As you say it’s a tax and what is tax?......it’s a method of control, has been since the doomsday book.

With the new mortgage rules they have to know about every last penny and with debt they can make you life very painful at the flick of a percentage point.

Thats total control.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, WILF said:

As you say it’s a tax and what is tax?......it’s a method of control, has been since the doomsday book.

With the new mortgage rules they have to know about every last penny and with debt they can make you life very painful at the flick of a percentage point.

Thats total control.

Me either because if you don't take steps to hide your money they will take steps to pry it from you. If they could run their own affairs they wouldn't need as much money but because it isn't their money they can be corrupt and inefficient with impunity. They don't have to worry about failing they just have to find new and inventive ways to steal from tax you and have you believe it's for a worthy cause.

On a slight tangent. If a government worker produces nothing and their salary is 100% from tax contributions why do they get taxed on their income? How often can they recycle those numbers before someone realises that it's completely unsustainable? I can feel a warm liquid running down my back... Is it raining?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 06/06/2018 at 22:41, NEWKID said:

https://www.cgon.co.uk/

over 500 mot centres signed up now, this smashes emissions.

This is a technology Ive been tempted by for a few years but never bit the bullet yet, First time ive seen the offerings from cgon(even saw an advertisement on the TV last night), this company have some good offerings as well http://www.hydrotechnix.moonfruit.com/home/4532895673