New MOT rules !!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you know my friend, I have absolutely no problem with people hiding their money from people who want to steal it and waste it......I don’t care how rich they are and I’m sure you don’t either.

It's another tax. Next month it will be another. Then another. And so on... The rich are getting really good at hiding their money so someone has to step and take the slack for all those welfare progr

They just use a different motor so yours passes emissions that's what "they always done with any of my 'toys' lol.   

Posted Images

Had a testing station for many years could only ADVISE on defects. I failed a motor on  tyres. Just before the customer came to collect his car we had a visit from the inspectorate he looked thru my paperwork and had me retest the failed motor and came up with the same results .So he waited for the owner  to turn up so he could stop him driving his car away He very nearly got a fat lip of the owner when he tried to stop him .Can see this getting out of hand never criticise somebodies car , driving or dog. ? 

• Like 1

Dogs get exemption. Its always been that mots were a job book filler. Its the things that are open to interpretation that were used to con the public such as your brake pads are a bit low, your lights are a bit yellow or that really should be looked at soon. Some testers picked on certain things like tyres or rust or break pipes. I remember when cunifer copper alloy pipe came out, one tester failed every pipe on this blokes motor. The owner then produced a big bill that he had received only the week before from another garage to have the new copper alloy pipes fitted. The owner complained to the local traffic area about this fail and the tester had to be re educated.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Meece said:

Dogs get exemption. Its always been that mots were a job book filler. Its the things that are open to interpretation that were used to con the public such as your brake pads are a bit low, your lights are a bit yellow or that really should be looked at soon. Some testers picked on certain things like tyres or rust or break pipes. I remember when cunifer copper alloy pipe came out, one tester failed every pipe on this blokes motor. The owner then produced a big bill that he had received only the week before from another garage to have the new copper alloy pipes fitted. The owner complained to the local traffic area about this fail and the tester had to be re educated.

I have said this before as many dodgy people presenting motors for MOT's as dodgy testers.

11 hours ago, neil82 said:

the MOT test pass limit is way under what the manufacturers state as the wear limit on most things (as the only answer to your question, the only thing a mechanic can do is give you your keys and phone plod if he thinks your car is unsafe to be on the road, nothing more than that)

Gotcha. I looked at the new regs and it just looked like another tax with a different kind of collector.

3 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

My understanding is a lot of garages have historically done the same and anyone that has done that is gonna get a shock come their next MOT. I can see this being one tool that pushes a lot of folks away from diesels. Not much good for folks driving and wanting 4x4s though.

Aren't they trying to get diesels off the road by 2025?

11 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Aren't they trying to get diesels off the road by 2025?

I'm not sure, I don't pay too much attention, lol. Sounds about right. All the tech they have added to make them 'healthier' only fucks them up and makes them worse anyway. They keep talking about banning them from half a dozen UK cities that fail air quality tests. My local, Nottingham, is one. At the moment I think it would harm the local economy too much.

Edited by Born Hunter
ambiguous abbreviation
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 20/05/2018 at 21:28, Meece said:

What bright spark thought up the new MOT rules. It is a receipe for a lot of garages ripping people off and a he'll of a lot of cars being failed and costing the owners a small fortune. You used to be able to take the car away and get it fixed either yourself or at another place but even if you've got a month to go you'll get done for it. Will yours pass?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/today-new-mot-rules-fine-12551660

This is what I thought would happen. 》》》》 And it looks like it has. Exploitation of the motorist again. 》》》 rip off Britain. 》》》 http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-5803465/Car-garages-holding-motorists-ransom-new-MOT-repair-costs.html

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Can’t it be used in tractors an stuff Kev?

Yes Don, any fossil furled engine.

ive put them on everything from motorbikes to HGV’s.

3 different sizes at present for different size engines.

4 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Is this technology basically hydrogen fuel enhancement?

Yes it is mate.

But the system has been tested for the past 5 years at Millbrook, emissions analytics, Clarke’s Laboratory and lots of independent testing (tons of Mot results)...

the process of producing hydrogen is well documented but to do it with a tiny amount of amps being passed through the system (usually less than 2 amps in a car with this system) has been one of the issues.

others include dangerous by products produced, inc Hexavaliant Chromiun.

again this system has been tested at Clarke’s Laboratory (USA) to prove no dangerous by products.

its a very advanced system, we are also getting very good MPG increase in most cases and working with some decent sized fleet customers on this basis coupled with emission reduction.

once we get government approval.... well....... it would be pretty big!!!! 

• Thanks 2
17 hours ago, NEWKID said:

https://www.cgon.co.uk/

over 500 mot centres signed up now, this smashes emissions.

£500 to fit a fish tank filter to your engine, really, it's the addition of all these run clean devices like dpf and egr valves that are f***ing up engines in the first place, fossil fuel is messy and dated, hydrogen is clean and efficient but we won't use it because we can make it our selves and cut out the tax man were as electric gives the impression of being clean but by the time you make and dispose of all the battery,s and generate the electric to run them all, it's as bad as fossil fuels but the government appears to be doing something while the tax man can carry on raping everyone', 

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Greyman said:

£500 to fit a fish tank filter to your engine, really, it's the addition of all these run clean devices like dpf and egr valves that are f***ing up engines in the first place, fossil fuel is messy and dated, hydrogen is clean and efficient but we won't use it because we can make it our selves and cut out the tax man were as electric gives the impression of being clean but by the time you make and dispose of all the battery,s and generate the electric to run them all, it's as bad as fossil fuels but the government appears to be doing something while the tax man can carry on raping everyone', 

Yeah mate that’s it... it’s a fish tank filter....lol

I think hydrogen will form the biggest part in future planning for emissions, whether as the only fuel (lots of problems to sort out here) or as a very effective additive..(the 100’s of thousands spent in testing this product and getting through CE marking, ISO, patents, real road testing, government backed testing facilities (Millbrook, Mira) etc etc has proven over and over again that the emissions will be considerably reduced with the addition to Hydrogen in the fuel/air combustion)

now producing that hydrogen on demand (not stored), the system reading the engine and working with the engine again producing hydrogen in the correct quantity on demand, whilst being produced with minimal draw on the engine is what we have...

every one can make hydrogen, you could do it with 2 spoons a battery and a bucket of water... but I doubt you’d be able to launch it as a product, with the backing of Morgan motor cars, Stolbarts, Gregory Transport, 4 local councils, 100s of mot stations and sales in quite a few countries world wide...

its certainly an an interesting ride!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If I had MOT'd my van last week, it would have passed, this week it failed it's emission test, waiting for the story, and the bill tomorrow.   Lad testing said most vehicles failing are VW, andAudi, now there's a surprise.

• Like 1