2 hours ago, Barrie said:

What licensing does do, is to impose a set of rules/regulations relating to conduct (the conditions of licensing) and draws a very distinct line between those who would act within the law, as opposed to those who would not. You break the rules.... then you lose your license and face the penalties. That way the onus falls on the individual, rather than on the responsible majority.

J.M.H.O. - Barrie  

Yes but what if the rules are so stringent that you cant but break them. Remember, those that make the laws aint got a clue how things work with regards terrierwork, or anything fieldsports related for that matter. Just look at laws on traps and trapping today. A bloody joke. Remember, once these laws are put in place, there aint a dalm thing you or anyone else can do about it

Licencing is just silly it is hard enough to walk through the village now with a spade over your shoulder. Won't able to bloody breathe before long

so we all get a licence "..... Couple years later and another anti programme... What we do then licence buying spades, dogs locators? .... Start giving in and we're fuc*ed 

Like having to buy a licence to drink cause the twat up roads a piss head 

• Like 2

On 23/05/2018 at 06:53, Kerny92 said:

You have to laugh at the BBC's take on authenticity. It was the same when they aired the programme on street kids with killer dogs. You could tell this "street kid" was a token black actor. The company is a joke.

Anyone also remember their documentary on dog fighting? They had an undercover Geordie who fooled the Irish lads and Dunkel from Finland the little rat bag! God knows who he was but sure to god it can't have been that hard to smell the rat!

That bloke died not long after that 

It's a vicious circle, what is the answer? Distance ourselves from the idiots? But then what about the idiots that don't realise that they are exactly that?

Just do what you we normally do, keep it tight, heads down and carry on.

• Like 1

I bet in 1800 an summat there were still dickheads doing stupid stuff that the good lads knew was wrong... Fu*k em let the po po sort them out its nothing to do with "dog lads" is it? They're not one of us ... A lad digging an killing badgers like that been illegal for years when he's banned from keepin dogs is hardly a  terrierman or terrier work in my opinion .... Don't regulate yourselves if you think your in the right just because you've seen someone doing it wrong 

Your dead right... We now have internet etc.... Don't make no diff to me people either think your a plick or they don't, either way it don't matter. But if you get on doing shit like that you'll get found out (as we've seen)  an you'll be in the smelly stuff... So what,, I ain't doin it, you ain't doin it,neither is anyone else here ... We're all good lol ..... Carry on as normal 

Wasn’t badger bItingbanned due to the rowdy crowds it attracted rather than the act themselves 

and as for the criticism of the lads , well in my view how they acted was absolutely standard in the lads who dig . 

If your quiet, keep yourself to yourself and dint act like an idiot , be that in the digging world , coursing or bull x scene, your the minority 

• Confused 3

Oh Christ who needs the antis... I give up Iol .... Fetch the paperwork,I'll just have the bloody licence

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

and as for the criticism of the lads , well in my view how they acted was absolutely standard in the lads who dig . 

That statement is way out of line and something that the anti's would say. That is not how most lads go about the job at all.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Wasn’t badger bItingbanned due to the rowdy crowds it attracted rather than the act themselves 

If your quiet, keep yourself to yourself and dint act like an idiot , be that in the digging world , coursing or bull x scene, your the minority 

You must have been out with some fooking Muppets then!

As far as licensing goes, how many people convicted of gun crime hold a licence?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Apache... said:

No offence taken Barrie, I won't disect your post because I don't feel the need to highlight points we might disagree on. If I come across as someone who is against this committee or that club or this federation (I forget how many there is, sorry) I'm not and you can only do so much, but I think it's inevitable we are where we are today. All the marches and paperwork can only do so much maybe if the right foundations were put in a long time ago hunting may not be where it is today. I'd like to know if the country's you have visited to hunt had a licenseing system in place  l would be surprised if they didn't, atb.

Hi Apache

Thank you for your understanding, I'm sure there's far more on which we'd agree than we could ever disagree 👍.

Most definitely, you're correct. Apart from the UK, every other country where I've hunted and several others which I've visited have all had some form of licensing/regulatory system in place. And as a visiting outsider I never saw anything which led me to believe they had any less freedom to practice than we did here in the UK, in fact quite the reverse.

In some countries, the mere fact that the relevant Hunting Associations have detailed sets of rule books outlining the correct way to do things seems to serve as an incentive for practitioners to "do it right" and it certainly seems to work. I know for a fact that here in the UK the NWTF Code of Conduct for Terrierwork has served us all well, by enabling the public and politicians to differentiate between responsibly conducted terrierwork and acts of cruelty involving dogs. There is no doubt in my mind that it has been our saving grace to date and that without it terrierwork would long since have disappeared.

I was particularly struck with Germany, where to be classed as "A Hunter" seemed to be regarded almost like a badge of honour. It was heart warming to drive past houses which displayed large plaques on their walls of boars, badgers, various types of deer, pheasants etc indicating exactly what the householder hunted.

I also agree with your comment that "if the right foundations were put in a long time ago hunting may not be where it is today" and I've witnessed first hand a definite reluctance in some quarters to move with the times. Personally I believe that had all the various Hunting Associations produced Codes of Conduct which would stand up to public scrutiny, rather than simply attempt pay lip service, we would be in a much healthier position than we are today.

To me the other noticeable difference between the UK and other countries seems to be (as far as I'm aware), elsewhere it seems to be "practitioner groups" (those who hunt) who have the maximum influence on the right and wrong way to do things, whereas here in the UK it is those who seek to ban things who have far too much say on the matter. And that does concern me a great deal.

Don't get me wrong, given a choice (or even the risk) between a ban on terrwork and some form of licensing regime, I would grab at the latter with both hands. But given the unpredictability of politicians, the manner in which our Parliamentary system works and the undeserved influence of organisations such as the RSPCA, it is something I personally would approach with extreme caution.  

J.M.H.O.

Kindest Regards - Barrie

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

That statement is way out of line and something that the anti's would say. That is not how most lads go about the job at all.

Be careful where those stones land mate....it’s a small world 😂😂

• Confused 1