Guest Navek

They just need to be shown the error of there ways.....take them out ..dig a big 6 foot hole ...chuck them in back fill ...lesson learnt ..

1 minute ago, dillydog said:

True, but it would give the honest decent lads something to protect their names with.

It's never been any different, in my lifetime all you've had to do is buy yourself a terrier and "just like that" you're a terrier man !  We all know different but if there was some sort of system behind terrier work like a licence,  something that you had to serve a bit of time on the bank with an older an wiser terrier man before you could strike outon your own then IMO terrier work would be in a better place.

Truth be known I had to learn everything the hard way myself,  I was just as dull and just as ignorant once upon a time, time and life are great teachers...........but then some just go through life determined not to learn a f***ing thing.

Falconry is the only field sport I know of where mentors ain’t scoffed at, truth is if ye really wanna learn to do summat properly then ye will, some folk are happy just coasting along having a laugh an doin what they think right an then there’s other folk who want better an try an learn by there mistakes an others. 

Just cos lots a folk do summat don’t make it right, or acceptable, they were only daft youngsters tho, that much was obvious 

• Like 5

I was talking to a friend the other day about this. I was lucky I have my old man to show me  the way and right and wrongs. Terrierwork can be a victim of its self sometimes. Doors are shut to young lads because of the way the situation is at the mo so youngsters  just grab a terrier and go for it. They have no schooling no one to show them the proper ways. And what we saw the other night is a result of that. In my opinion anyways. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, downsouth said:

I actually had to rewind that bit and watch it again bacause although i could see what he was doing something in the back of my mind was telling me that surely he wasnt carrying a dog like that.

Yeh I read it on here [BANNED TEXT] I watched it and though no they must mean pulling him out the whole maybe but carrying the poor guy up a hill by his tailagain all I can say is WTF

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Falconry is the only field sport I know of where mentors ain’t scoffed at, truth is if ye really wanna learn to do summat properly then ye will, some folk are happy just coasting along having a laugh an doin what they think right an then there’s other folk who want better an try an learn by there mistakes an others. 

Just cos lots a folk do summat don’t make it right, or acceptable, they were only daft youngsters tho, that much was obvious 

Even being a daft youngster isnt an excuse for certain behaviour.Ffs even my 6year old daughter knows you dont carry a dog by its tail and i dont think ive had to teach her that.But from what ive heard about the pratt that did that from people i know that have met him my 6year old has more brains than him.

• Like 7

I remember reading something in the late 80s that a well known author/terrierman wrote that a license for terrier men might be brought into effect and I thought that's a good idea it might stop most of these idiots abuseing the countryside and make terrier work more professional but reading on the author was against it saying it would bring an end to all  terrierwork, I was a bit shocked, I think  Harcombe might look back on that and wish a license was brought in similar to France. I also read in the paper today a massive badger cull is in operation in England "again".

Human beings have the urge to revel in self gratification whether it be in talk film or book !!!! KEEP IT CLOSE KEEP IT SAFE..

• Like 7

18 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Most of these types don’t even like dogs. 

Right there mate they just wana kill stuff and use there dogs to look hard in front of each other they talk about shooting dogs and stapling up them selfs (witch is possible if you know what ya doing not just a idiot with a staple gun) they need to fix up

• Like 2

On 25/05/2018 at 19:34, Barrie said:

Sadly as I see it….. it is yet another case of history repeating itself.

It’s not the first time that a very small and unrepresentative minority who have, by their actions and callous behaviour/attitudes dragged terrierwork into the gutter and beyond. Unless I’m very mistaken, the 1990’s clip which was shown related to what those who were about at that time still refer to as the "Builth Wells Case".

In that instance, despite the fact that pretty much everything surrounding that case was already illegal,  the actions of those involved came across as being so callous and their actions so offensive to the general public, that it was impossible for anyone to defend the indefensible. The end result was a further strengthening up of the existing legislation and resulted in the 1992 Badgers Act.

This most recent debacle is an almost mirror image of the “Builth Wells Case”, it has exactly the same potential to have done irreparable damage to Terrierwork and to its future. Sadly it's now a matter of record, it will never go away and our opponents will always use it to their maximum advantage and at every possible opportunity.

It’s been suggested elsewhere that this thread should be deleted and I can fully understand the motivation behind that. The film shows Terrierwork in the worst possible light, most of its content and the views expressed are an absolute disgrace. What it shows is totally unrepresentative of terrierwork and of terriermen in general and it’s something which we should all be rightly rightly ashamed of and angry about…. but I would strongly disagree about deleting it.

Personally, instead of deleting it, I would highlight and pin it as a real life example of the kind of irreparable damage which can so easily be done by a small group of thoughtless individuals.... IT SHOULD SERVE AS A LESSON TO US ALL AND NOT BE IGNORED BY ANYONE.

J.M.H.O. - Barrie

Barrie , its just another nail , i don't know but i'm sure they picked the ones they did to portray terriermen , as thick knuckle dragging morans these lot were as it serves their purpose  , with a tory party of spineless wonders and a labour party as far left as i can remember , we all have a hell of a job on our hands , but you and your team are in the frontline will have to face them , if we can help in anyway don't be shy in asking,

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 25/05/2018 at 10:46, Wales1234 said:

I didn’t take it that personally just bold statement no tidy lads would dig 80/100 miles of the valleys , that’s a long old way and a lot of top terriermen I know of digging within 100 miles of here and some very big hunts in that radius , these boys can sing all they want if you’ve got permission vet bills and not as thick as f**k you’ve got nothing to worry about , 

Tidy lads still don't want that hassle mate, once your on the radar and known its game over guilty or not... Lots of lads with permission down here that won't venture over the borders now.... Drones, antis and now this program..... Soon see, Time will tell I suppose....lots of working dogs up for sale here now 👍

• Like 1