MORE BAD NEWS......

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sadly as I see it….. it is yet another case of history repeating itself. It’s not the first time that a very small and unrepresentative minority who have, by their actions and callous behaviour/

True, but it would give the honest decent lads something to protect their names with. It's never been any different, in my lifetime all you've had to do is buy yourself a terrier and "just like t

So predators killed and eat badger cubs , how does this give us a bad name ? Think before you reply .....who needs f***ing anti's

Posted Images

On 25/05/2018 at 19:34, Barrie said:

Sadly as I see it….. it is yet another case of history repeating itself.

It’s not the first time that a very small and unrepresentative minority who have, by their actions and callous behaviour/attitudes dragged terrierwork into the gutter and beyond. Unless I’m very mistaken, the 1990’s clip which was shown related to what those who were about at that time still refer to as the "Builth Wells Case".

In that instance, despite the fact that pretty much everything surrounding that case was already illegal,  the actions of those involved came across as being so callous and their actions so offensive to the general public, that it was impossible for anyone to defend the indefensible. The end result was a further strengthening up of the existing legislation and resulted in the 1992 Badgers Act.

This most recent debacle is an almost mirror image of the “Builth Wells Case”, it has exactly the same potential to have done irreparable damage to Terrierwork and to its future. Sadly it's now a matter of record, it will never go away and our opponents will always use it to their maximum advantage and at every possible opportunity.

It’s been suggested elsewhere that this thread should be deleted and I can fully understand the motivation behind that. The film shows Terrierwork in the worst possible light, most of its content and the views expressed are an absolute disgrace. What it shows is totally unrepresentative of terrierwork and of terriermen in general and it’s something which we should all be rightly rightly ashamed of and angry about…. but I would strongly disagree about deleting it.

Personally, instead of deleting it, I would highlight and pin it as a real life example of the kind of irreparable damage which can so easily be done by a small group of thoughtless individuals.... IT SHOULD SERVE AS A LESSON TO US ALL AND NOT BE IGNORED BY ANYONE.

J.M.H.O. - Barrie

Barrie , its just another nail , i don't know but i'm sure they picked the ones they did to portray terriermen , as thick knuckle dragging morans these lot were as it serves their purpose  , with a tory party of spineless wonders and a labour party as far left as i can remember , we all have a hell of a job on our hands , but you and your team are in the frontline will have to face them , if we can help in anyway don't be shy in asking,

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 25/05/2018 at 10:46, Wales1234 said:

I didn’t take it that personally just bold statement no tidy lads would dig 80/100 miles of the valleys , that’s a long old way and a lot of top terriermen I know of digging within 100 miles of here and some very big hunts in that radius , these boys can sing all they want if you’ve got permission vet bills and not as thick as f**k you’ve got nothing to worry about , 

Tidy lads still don't want that hassle mate, once your on the radar and known its game over guilty or not... Lots of lads with permission down here that won't venture over the borders now.... Drones, antis and now this program..... Soon see, Time will tell I suppose....lots of working dogs up for sale here now ?

• Like 1
On 25/05/2018 at 13:31, dillydog said:

True, but it would give the honest decent lads something to protect their names with.

It's never been any different, in my lifetime all you've had to do is buy yourself a terrier and "just like that" you're a terrier man !  We all know different but if there was some sort of system behind terrier work like a licence,  something that you had to serve a bit of time on the bank with an older an wiser terrier man before you could strike out on your own then IMO terrier work would be in a better place.

Truth be known I had to learn everything the hard way myself,  I was just as dull and just as ignorant once upon a time, time and life are great teachers...........but then some just go through life determined not to learn a f***ing thing.

i can see the plus point of a  licence, but it would be a minefield on who should get one , who would be in charge of issuing them , D.E.F.R.A, M.F.H , N.F.U Gamekeeper association  the countryside alliance, BASC  all of them !  i just can't see it working unfortunately  but something needs doing 

edited to add maybe the NWTF working alongside others would be the answer 

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 2

Can see the benefits of a licensing system but struggle to see how it will prevent the ill treatment of either quarry or dogs by those who think either are for bigging up egos.A good dog is not a status symbol but something to be quietly proud of ,treated with respect and respected as a living being not a tool to be abused .I'e distanced  myself from many a cruel c**t .

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Hark at you lot suggesting even more pressure put on our restricted enough already work with terriers...Ffs a few bad apples and you lot want us all having to tell the powers to be what,when and where we'll all be with our terriers and other dogs as if you think it would stay at just terriers rather than all dogs used for hunting then think again....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't think any terrier men are sitting at home wishing for a licencing system but if it was the difference between loosing the right to work our dogs or not I no which one I would vote for, what would the coursing lads do if you gave them the choice now,we all have driving licence's if you don't drive to a safe and acceptable standard you loose it. 

• Like 3