Bank account fraud

Just had a call off of the bank, someone in Warrington tried to spend £202.50 at a place called American Golf...I don't even play bloody golf. Had to cancel the card and have got to wait 5 days for a new one...proper ball ache. At least the bank questioned it so the thieving c**ts got nothing. I'm always cautious and suspicious when using my card so f**k knows how they did it. Anyone else on here been done by these thieving tossers?

Twice. Once they spent £700 on a credit card of mine. Another time (different card) my card company phoned me because I had spent £30 on it locally and within a couple of hours someone was trying to authorise $9000 odd in Singapore. 

Got a new card and my money back on the first one and a new card on the other.

The only thing connecting the 2 was I had used them both at the same petrol station, but they wouldn't tell me that's where the problem was. 

2 minutes ago, walshie said:

Twice. Once they spent £700 on a credit card of mine. Another time (different card) my card company phoned me because I had spent £30 on it locally and within a couple of hours someone was trying to authorise $9000 odd in Singapore. 

Got a new card and my money back on the first one and a new card on the other.

The only thing connecting the 2 was I had used them both at the same petrol station, but they wouldn't tell me that's where the problem was. 

Scumbags

3 minutes ago, walshie said:

I had used them both at the same petrol station

I know a guy,sri Lankan,back when Ceylon still had its tamil tiger problems he told me a lot of filling-stations were tamil owned or had tamil staff,the tigers received part of their funding by credit card frauds perpetuated by gas station staff owners in the west.

• Like 1

I had one about 10 years ago, got my credit card statement, £140 Sainsbury's home delivery and a deposit of £80 for a hotel room in Paris.

Rang TSB and they sorted it immediately.

Police couldn't solve it, despite the home delivery must have had an address? There wasn't a Sainsbury's in our area ffs.

I did get 2 victim support phone calls though lol

Cheers, D.

1 hour ago, John d said:

You can get wallets now with some kind of protection around the area you keep your cards in to stop people doing contactless payments against you while its still in your pocket. Once they have taken the initial £30 maximum they then have your details and can do whatever they do with them then to get your money. Trust nobody within 10m of you when in public places lol

RFID wallets or carry cash. Have an account with a bank that will aggressively protect your assets.

• Like 1

The RFID thing is an urban myth to sell wallets. The maximum range of a contactless card is 40mm. Even if by some miracle they could get £30 off it, (but I'm sure you'd notice someone pressing a device into your groin) they couldn't do anything with it as the key details, i.e name, are blocked in contactless transactions. 

12 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Has anyone suffered at the hands of a cashpoint/ATM skimmer?

Havent suffered but I did find 2 Lebanese loops back when they were pretty basic in cash machines in west London,i pulled them both out,one had a card in.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, walshie said:

The RFID thing is an urban myth to sell wallets. The maximum range of a contactless card is 40mm. Even if by some miracle they could get £30 off it, (but I'm sure you'd notice someone pressing a device into your groin) they couldn't do anything with it as the key details, i.e name, are blocked in contactless transactions. 

Yeah, you'd have to get in damn close but the RFID wallets are more psychological insurance for the perpetually paranoid. That's not to say that it won't be an issue as the technology improves.

Use cash.

• Like 1

I had 5,ooo taking out og my account 3 years ago while some one in London had a spending spree on my card ,my card was cloned ,I got the full money refunded to my account from my bank