Kelpie x

Anybody keep this cross, 1/2 or 1/4 breds. What they like,  do they try harder than borders? Or do they jack like borders lol sorry are they to smart to run just anything that moves. 

Edited by mush

6 hours ago, mush said:

Anybody keep this cross, 1/2 or 1/4 breds. What they like,  do they try harder than borders? Or do they jack like borders lol sorry are they to smart to run just anything that moves. 

They don't chase everything that moves pal sorry to disappoint you why are you thinking of getting one lol Regards Collie John 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
30 minutes ago, colliejohn said:

They don't chase everything that moves pal sorry to disappoint you why are you thinking of getting one lol Regards Collie John 

Hee hee do they Jack like borders 

You bugger

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

great dog..mines 11 years old,some ferreting bitch,and rough shooting ,rifle shooting,very sensible and easy to train...id love another but too many dogs on at the minute 

• Like 1

I've only had one kelpie/collie x greyhound so can't really comment on them in that respect. However, I've had four pure kelpies and, of my current two, one will catch (but his natural tendency is more to point and flush or herd) but the other loves getting hold of stuff. She's coming up for eleven and caught a pair of rats in the garden this week then, when my neighbour spotted another in hers the next day, she popped round to borrow her while I was at work. She said that, although she was impressed at how she pointed, flushed and killed it, she was more amazed at how she then simply dropped it and walked off "Job done: got any biscuits?"

• Like 6
10 hours ago, jigsaw said:

great dog..mines 11 years old,some ferreting bitch,and rough shooting ,rifle shooting,very sensible and easy to train...id love another but too many dogs on at the minute 

Walked out with a few,.and as you say, cracking roustabout lurcher types...ideal moucher's dog, easy to school and great fun to be around.?

• Like 3

Yep iv one perfect lurcher for when I just started very easy to train did a lot of ferreting with him as a pup worked well, loves rabbits will run all night (before he bust his leg) bigger things will get stuck in to anything doubled up and have a good go aswell ,single just grab and bark but that's probs the way I enterd him ,just keep him around the house now will use him for odd days ferreting 

35 minutes ago, LurcherLad94 said:

Yep iv one perfect lurcher for when I just started very easy to train did a lot of ferreting with him as a pup worked well, loves rabbits will run all night (before he bust his leg) bigger things will get stuck in to anything doubled up and have a good go aswell ,single just grab and bark but that's probs the way I enterd him ,just keep him around the house now will use him for odd days ferreting 

Half cross is it 

What happened to that dog alfy you had I liked him a lot 

8 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Half cross is it 

What happened to that dog alfy you had I liked him a lot 

gave him to to running mate bust his feet up like a dickthen he started stopping on hedges my mate had him rested him  up for a good while and was doing alot of teeth and D with him but he hit like a plough of some kind end of last season on a rabbit bust his leg bad and that lad had him put down

and no hes bull grey x kelpie whippet so 1/4 

there old alfie thats one dog i should of took me time with very good dog taught me alot

gg.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LurcherLad94 said:

gave him to to running mate bust his feet up like a dickthen he started stopping on hedges my mate had him rested him  up for a good while and was doing alot of teeth and D with him but he hit like a plough of some kind end of last season on a rabbit bust his leg bad and that lad had him put down

and no hes bull grey x kelpie whippet so 1/4 

there old alfie thats one dog i should of took me time with very good dog taught me alot

gg.jpg

That's the lad lovely dog 

I ruined a dog when I was younger so I spose were both dick heads 

Just gorra learn from it You LISTENING lol?