Pulsar Digisight fitting

Small words please.

The gun I want to fit a Pulsar N355 digisight on is a 22LR CZ 452 *left handed* with 3/8" dovetails.

What do I need to buy to attach one to the other?

I know it's a weaver rail or picatinny, but does it matter which? I've seen normal length and extended ones. Some with a cutout for the ejection port (so I assume different for l/h) and some without.

Any suggestions welcome. 

Ta. 

15 minutes ago, wilbur foxhound said:

If it’s the one with the cut out won’t you just turn it around,phone Alan Rhône I’m sure he will know,wf

You could just turn it round, but if it was the extended one, the long bit would be poking you in the eye. 

These are the ones I have fitted but from the states

https://kinneysshootingsupply.com/products/dip-dp-19010-cz-452-453-picatinny-rail-3-8-0-moa

https://kinneysshootingsupply.com/products/egw-cz-452-453-3-8-picatinny-rail-matte-black-eg-80900-0-moa

Full length adds a little more height but you can move it further back as theres more slots.

17 minutes ago, wilbur foxhound said:

If it extended to far couldn’t it be cut off,I’ve never seen the extended ones extending past the eye piece 

I don't know. I tried phoning Alan Rhone today but he's closed till Monday. I'll see what he has to say then. I know the high ones don't have a cutout but they might make it too high. I'd like to get one of those from the U.S but I need it soon.

What a palaver this has turned out to be. Spoke to Alan Rhone who assured me CZ don't make guns with 3/8" dovetails :icon_eek: so they don't stock anything suitable. All CZ452 Americans in 22LR have 3/8" dovetails so that's what mine has.

Spoke to another well known supplier of night vision and accessories who assured me that a regular picatinny would go on back to front and work perfectly. Got the part today and it doesn't. If you put it far enough forward so the bolt can open and close, the mounting screws miss the front dovetail and the slot for the ejection port is in the wrong place.

Managed to cobble something together with bits I had in my "I might need them one day" box but it's not ideal. At least I have something to use for the time being and I'll order one from Kinney.

Sod being left handed. 

That full length Kinney one would work spot on if your left handed also... To tide you over you can use the push fit weaver mounts that you tighten on, there under £10 and will do the job on a CZ452 3/8th rail and allow for the ejection port.. 

Two piece model
https://www.ant-supplies.uk/rails-and-adapters/dovetail-weaver-compression-adapters.html

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 16:03, walshie said:

My initial zeroing at 70 yards isn't too bad. I was going to persevere and get it cock on, but cider is calling. :drink: I'll do it tomorrow.

20180526_154524.thumb.jpg.4c6097420ba3717fbf8af8cc9174a257.jpg

20180526_154531.thumb.jpg.10a594012d2411f264b2e1d94cd58a17.jpg

Use a different pellet and you will find your groups will tighten up :laugh:

• Like 1
On 26/05/2018 at 16:03, walshie said:

My initial zeroing at 70 yards isn't too bad. I was going to persevere and get it cock on, but cider is calling. :drink: I'll do it tomorrow.

20180526_154524.thumb.jpg.4c6097420ba3717fbf8af8cc9174a257.jpg

20180526_154531.thumb.jpg.10a594012d2411f264b2e1d94cd58a17.jpg

You need to sort that shit shooting out or you ain't coming with me .......

• 3 weeks later...

Well having tested it now, it's an awesome bit of kit. Spent a few days in Aberdeen last week shooting. It doesn't even get properly dark there till midnight and you can see the glow of the sun rising above the sea at 2am. 

20180610_220743.thumb.jpg.46efec0778447dca6b5f4aec40b9d9a3.jpg

We started shooting each evening about 10, using the thermal spotter to spot and the N355 to shoot them The only issue I had was spotting the quarry, then finding them again through the scope. Easily sorted by counting fence posts. :thumbs:

We were shooting rabbits at between 60 and 100 yards and I didn't even have to switch the IR on.  Once I had decided what reticle to use, what colour and various other options, I just left it as it was to good effect.